Republican Nominees for Prez

olyclimber

Yeah, I'm not a big fan, but more 'cause it's been shown that these shows constitute the primary news source for a disturbingly large number of liberals.

show me your internutz searching skillz are better than mine - i recall recently reading/hearing a study that showed the very opposite, but didn't find it in the 30 seconds i allowed myself to look for it :)

okay fine, "john stewart viewers more informed" is google-worthy - seems the topic has been kicked about plenty

impartial take on the subject?

I'll look around for the "primary news source" bit. At any rate, if Daily Show watchers are more informed in general it doesn't necessarily mean they're more informed from watching the show. At best, this study found the Daily Show isn't really any worse (or better) in terms of substantive content than other news shows within the infotainment complex. Not exactly a ringing endorsement given the current media landscape.

On a different note, it's my sneaking suspicion that despite their liberal orientation, these ratings-driven "news" shows have done as much as Fox to enable the kind of train-wreck gawking celebrity politics we see now. Laugh it up, but not too hard.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"innocent until proven guilty"

"we must wait until all the facts are known"

and crimes were associated with my examples, btw

Cain refused to give the facts, which naturally allowed to speculate he was hiding something.

The crimes in your examples weren't about marital infidelity.

Trial in the court of public opinion! Guilty... you must be hiding something. Man you are a joke.

Kathleen Willey accused Clinton of rape... he refused to give facts... GUILTY AS CHARGED

Cain refused to give the facts, which naturally allowed to speculate he was hiding something.

Clinton was accused of sexual harassment you dipshit.

and there was a huge fucking settlement, BTW

Jones' story has gold digger written all over (she waited for 3 years and there was a witness who contradicted her), which is certainly not the case for Cain. But whatever, I certainly don't have the stomach to dig into that drivel.

Trial in the court of public opinion! Guilty... you must be hiding something. Man you are a joke.

Gag orders and pay offs do allow to speculate quite reasonably. Unfortunate that you can't see that.

Edited by j_b

Clinton was accused of sexual harassment you dipshit.

and there was a huge fucking settlement, BTW

Jones' story has gold digger written all over (she waited for 3 years and there was a witness who contradicted her), which is certainly not the case for Cain. But whatever, I certainly don't have the stomach to dig into that drivel.

The rationalization of the retarded continues. Move along... no hypocrisy to see here!

Yeah, I'm not a big fan, but more 'cause it's been shown that these shows constitute the primary news source for a disturbingly large number of liberals.

show me your internutz searching skillz are better than mine - i recall recently reading/hearing a study that showed the very opposite, but didn't find it in the 30 seconds i allowed myself to look for it :)

okay fine, "john stewart viewers more informed" is google-worthy - seems the topic has been kicked about plenty

impartial take on the subject?

I'll look around for the "primary news source" bit. At any rate, if Daily Show watchers are more informed in general it doesn't necessarily mean they're more informed from watching the show. At best, this study found the Daily Show isn't really any worse (or better) in terms of substantive content than other news shows within the infotainment complex. Not exactly a ringing endorsement given the current media landscape.

On a different note, it's my sneaking suspicion that despite their liberal orientation, these ratings-driven "news" shows have done as much as Fox to enable the kind of train-wreck gawking celebrity politics we see now. Laugh it up, but not too hard.

i didn't think anyone was saying the daily show itself made folks more informed, more like informed people like the show b/c they actually understand and appreciate the satirization they can find there for the stories they know

bill maher and jon stewart are the dessert course after the sad-sack main course of faux and the like...

For the record, I condemn Bill Clinton. Roundly.

I do too but not for his extra-marital dallying. He never claimed to be holier than thou on the family front like conservative hypocrites do almost all the time. The Clinton-is-a sex-machine witch hunt was also an attempt by neanderthals to shove their values down our throats.

For the record, I condemn Bill Clinton. Roundly.

I do too but not for his extra-marital dallying. He never claimed to be holier than thou on the family front like conservative hypocrites do almost all the time. The Clinton-is-a sex-machine witch hunt was also an attempt by neanderthals to shove their values down our throats.

As opposed to meddling social engineers like yourself shoving your values down our throats. :lmao:

The rationalization of the retarded continues. Move along... no hypocrisy to see here!

No rationalization and no hypocrisy here, douchebag. It's the way I read the situation then and now.