Republican Nominees for Prez

olyclimber

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Herman Cain was never supposed to "take off". Leave it to the idiocracy of the GOP base to turn him into a legitimate contender. "9-9-9!!"

Yes, we're now living in a spoof of our own society.

Cain had the advantage of sounding sincere, which cannot be said for most of the other clowns.

They've been saying irony is dead for a while now, but satire too?

It's my sincere hope that we'll be able to look back at this period in history and have a good laugh.

hell, plenty of john stewart n' bill maher fans are having a good laugh about it NOW :) how can you not, were all dog-meat in a few years no matter how the ball bounces! :rawk:

You can imagine the 20-something cam that night...jerky cam shots of some big ole' slobberin' drunk married black boss man tailing ya all evening, beggin' for a quickie in his hotel room.

Drunk, horny, fat, old, married, and republican.

SEXY.

Or however many nights that was. Two and counting...

...but I'm sure they were isolated incidents.

Yeah. They always are.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

They've been saying irony is dead for a while now, but satire too?

It's my sincere hope that we'll be able to look back at this period in history and have a good laugh.

hell, plenty of john stewart n' bill maher fans are having a good laugh about it NOW :)...

Yeah, I'm not a big fan, but more 'cause it's been shown that these shows constitute the primary news source for a disturbingly large number of liberals. That ain't good.

The GOPers should rally behind Huntsman, but, like, he's betrayed the party by actually being serious about the public interest. Plus, he's not dysfunctional enough - he'll never relate to the base thataway.

Right. You kind of wonder why they aren't behind Paul. Sure, he is anti-war (although he gave a blank check to GW in 2001) but what's another flip-flop, which by definition is not permanent. To boot, the GOP base has finally reached Paul's level of market fundamentalism and hatred of social policies. I suspect it isn't impossible that Paul would gain from Cain's demise.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan, but more 'cause it's been shown that these shows constitute the primary news source for a disturbingly large number of liberals.

show me your internutz searching skillz are better than mine - i recall recently reading/hearing a study that showed the very opposite, but didn't find it in the 30 seconds i allowed myself to look for it :)