My 1st season of Ice and Alpine

PhilipB

Hi Everyone,

I have lived in Seattle for about 1.5 years now and this winter will be my first season of ice and technical alpine (provided I can find people to go with). I have been rock climbing for 10+ years, mostly sport climbing and I have some limited trad experience. I have climbed some of the easier big mountain routes in the NW like DC on Rainier, Coleman-Deming on Baker and Illumination Saddle on Hood and I am ready to go for more advanced climbs. I have some significant mountain rescue experience from living in Boulder Colorado for a few years as well. I think I am a pretty safe/strong partner I just need to get out and get started on ice and alpine. I have also recently joined the Mountaineers and will hopefully find awesome people there as well as here.

My goals are some of the classics in the Cascades. Basically taken right from "Selected Climbs in the Cascades Vol II"

-The Tooth

-Snoqualmie Mountain

-Chair Peak

-Mt. Maude

-Eldorado Peak

Among Others...

If anyone want to get out and climb, or go for a coffee or a beer and chat I'm eager to meet you!

Thanks!

Philip

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds interesting. I did Chair Peak this spring and tried Eldorado Peak last weekend. I did Denali this june and Rainier two times. I have no experience with trad, but some easy sport climbing(5.8) and a couple of ice climbing.

shoot me when you have some detail plans, if i have time, I may go with you.

• 2 weeks later...

hey men, are you thinking of coming up to canada, i live in squamish and there is a bounch of winter climbs around here, also some really good ice, if you are intrested in planning a trip send me a mail

sebastiandelarosa.a@gmail.com

do you have avalanche gear?