Greenpeace Pussies

allthumbs

population control will happen all on it's own, every nation's birth rate drops as it's economic situation improves, no external incentives are necessary as the personal incentives are quite powerful and entirely obvious, especially to women. Sure, it's incremental, and slow, but it's also self evident and based in personal choice.... which means it may not be fast enough for some but it is actual, real change because it's chosen not imposed.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by RobBob:

quote:

The harm Greenpeace offers is financial and public relations, not physical.

Hey Off,

Now you know better. You have enough life experience to know how provocative those boats might seem if they were crossing your bow. That's physical jousting, man.
[Mad][Wink]
Yeah, provocative like a snotty three year old bugging a pit bull at the food bowl. In a physical confrontation, there isn't much doubt about the outcome. I'm not trying to say that the obstructionist tactics they use are not physical, only that Greenpeace does not set booby traps or act like some black ops saboteur. Here's a pic of the pussys at work, harrassing the Russian Navy:

-

[ 10-23-2002, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Off White ]

Ramming a world cup yachting boat because of a sponsor aint Honorable. More like losers. Shit them dudes on the yacht just want to race. They could work on getting real if they think that's a political statement. Sounds more like jackasses to me. But hey that's just one incident. [laf] BTW I have French Blood [Mad]

[ 10-23-2002, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

Off,

The outcome might be lives lost due to a collision, or attempted rescue after collision, all because these chumps ignored common sense (not to mention rules of the sea). [hell no]

I've spent enough time on the water and at the helm to know it's a lot more of a physical risk than it might look in a photo.

quote:

Off,

The outcome might be lives lost due to a collision, or attempted rescue after collision, all because these chumps ignored common sense (not to mention rules of the sea).
[hell no]

Who ignored the rules of the sea?? As far as I can tell the article is inconclusive. Both sides say they didn't do anything.

[ 10-23-2002, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: snoboy ]

quote:

Originally posted by snoboy:

quote:

Off,

The outcome might be lives lost due to a collision, or attempted rescue after collision, all because these chumps ignored common sense (not to mention rules of the sea).
[hell no]

Who ignored the rules of the sea?? As far as I can tell the article is inconclusive. Both sides say they didn't do anything.

Watch out world cup yacht racers are now boat rammers if you dont like their sponsors. They get paid for it [laf][big Drink]

I kind of find it hard to believe that the racing team went off course to ram a greenpeace boat. I must admit it is pretty funny though. Sounds like either way it happened was due to the GP stupidity and hard heads. [big Drink]

I'm not against GP just found something interesting that is halfway recent [Wazzup]

quote:

Off,

[hell no]

I've spent enough time on the water and at the helm to know it's a lot more of a physical risk than it might look in a photo.

But you support rescuing climbers who push the edges of the "rules of the hills" don't you? Ask any of our rescue people on the board, that's a risky proposition for sure. I know that boat stuff is riskier than photos make it look, I wouldn't do it. Still, what Greenpeace does cannot be termed intentional physical harm.

Ray, the way I read that article about the French racing boat it sounded like a he said/she said argument, with no witnesses coming forward that weren't involved. Its just a question of who you belive. So thankfully we're once again out of the rocky shoals of hard facts and plunging through the deep water of pure spray. [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

quote:

Originally posted by snoboy:

I kind of find it hard to believe that the racing team went off course to ram a greenpeace boat. I must admit it is pretty funny though. Sounds like either way it happened was due to the GP stupidity and hard heads.
[big Drink]

I was thinking it could be a team boat as in another dinghy or something?? Coz they say it hit their dinghy and pushed them into the race boat. But as I said it's pretty inconclusive.

I'm not all for or all against GP. I admire their "hard heads" though, and I think that anyone who gets people thinking and debating is good. And Hey, they are the home team after all. Started in Vangroover [Wink] I believe.

They do have lots of support from people like J. Simpson though. Not that I think JS is a hero or any thing [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

I'd like to give the Coast Guardsman a medal that ran over the wanking bimbo on the jet ski that was trying to upset the Macaw's whale hunt. BooYah!

Did they actually run him over? I think that was the Sea Shepherd group involved in the Makah thing, and that Greenpeace has kept its distance. Native treaty rights versus eco politics, there's a connundrum to make any right thinking liberal's head spin. [laf] Personally, I side with the tribe.

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

You may exercise your personal freedom and liberty to the extent that it does not infringe the personal freedom and liberty of your neighbor. Very simple.

Yes, very simple. Noone disagrees with this.

Unfortunately, this statement is never applicable in the big world of resource consumption. If you let consumers have free reign, the conservers will be infringed upon. If you let conservers have their way, the consumers will be upset.

Greg seems to think that his statement validates degradation of the environment, because people who protest such activities are infringing upon the freedom and liberties of the degraders.

If called on this point, he makes up some bullshit sidestep of how mining and logging are very clean and don't hurt anyone.

Remarkable!!! How can one argue with a true believer of such twisted logic? It's beating your head against the wall people.

• 3 years later...

Humorous, too, that the government can somehow destroy entire cities with 1,000-lb bombs in the name of its cause (what was it again? Freedom or some shit like that?), and then, with a straight face, call someone who sets fire to a car a "terrorist."

I hate what's become of this stupid country sometimes. frown.gif It had so much potential, once.