Hey Peter...

ZimZam

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry been way too busy to spray (35 days of work and counting) Playoffs and the WS are great this year.

I am a National League guy at heart and am definately cheering for the Cards! The only dissapointment this year is that I bet $1.00 Albert would hit a HR on his first pitch in the first game. Other than that - well I have just hated seeing all these ex-Mariners on TV - it's been a great fall!

When Torrealba was on the Rockies I brought one of my kids to the Safe and as warm up was ending Torrealba walked over and sat down next to my son for a couple of minutes chatting - I was sitting a few rows back and honestly dont know if he even speaks much English but you dont need to say much to a 6 yo kid. No one else was around exept for one other kid. So I have a soft spot for Texas too.

Going for the worst team to win the series for the second time in five years. Yay?

This is the team I grew up with as a kid. I mimicked Gibson's pitching style, listened to Harry Carey (till he nailed Augie Busch's wife) and Jack Buck calling games on the radio. On occasion my Dad took my brother and I to games. I got Joe Torre's autograph,and caught a Willie Mays foul in the old stadium. I lived, ate and dreamed of playing for the Cards. Then we moved to Philly where I was stuck watching the perennial pathetic Sillies. So yes I'll cheer these Birds.

St_Louis_Bob_Gibson_st12_large.jpg