FS: Lightweight Approach Ski setup

dberdinka

It's that time of year. I posted this up late last winter and got a bunch of hits all from guys with size 12 feet. No it will not fit size 12 feet. See boot sole length below ~9.5 -11.5 I think.

Silvretta 404s mounted on 177cm Hagan TX titanium skis. Skis are ultralight, 177cm in length with dimension of 92-69-80 and weight 1.1 kg each. Considering their size and weight they ski very well. Includes sticky purple Ascension skins and a pair of hard-to-find ski brakes which add a couple ounces but will impress the ladies. Bindings are size N (normal) and supposedly fit sole lengths of 11.375" - 13.375".

All gear is very lightly used and in excellent condition. Ski bases are pristine.

$230. Located in Bellingham. Buyer pays shipping and packaging costs. PM or e-mail dberdinkaATgmailDOTcom.

IMG_9360_edited-1.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

forgive my ignorance, I've never skied but I really want to start with cross country/back county touring. Most of what I'll be doing is ungroomed trails. Are these skis appropriate for that? Any chance you van use Sportiva leather ice climbing boots in those bindings?

Edited by chrisr

This would be a fine setup to start out on for mellow path of least resistance type touring. Those bindings will work with with your Sportiva boots, which is why these days they are mostly used by climbers approaching ice and winter routes. That said, leather climbing boots and ski boots serve pretty much opposite purposes in terms of ankle flexibility, so if you want to enjoy yourself and really learn to ski you might look into a cheap pair of alpine touring ski boots. It took me a couple of years of skiing in climbing boots with a setup similar to this to realize that modern ski gear is a game changer.

Zimzam,

I have a pair of XL size silvrettas (pink) on 188 Rossi Bandits that you could have. The skis and bindings are in great shape (he never used them). I'm selling them for a friend. No skins. Say $125? I'm in Vancouver BC, could meet over the border if you are around Bellingham or Seattle. Email me at mocco88 at hotmail

Sean