• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have great beta pages though. Mt Project does as well

I agree.

Summitpost sucks

So does this site 90% of the time.

I should have been more specific as to my issue - When I load Summitpost all I get is ads. As in no content, not menu, no ability to navigate further into the site and no access to beta. Is it just a matter of adbloc?

I should point out it's our unwritten policy that we don't allow bashing of other sites here. Few can understand the blood, sweet and tears that goes into running them as we do. Whether they are great or not in most cases they don't deserve the criticism as they are usually a mostly volunteer effort. If you don't like them speak with your keyboard and don't go to them or do something proactive and contact them with your concerns and feedback.

So does this site 90% of the time.

Fantastic.

Jon -

Apologies. It has nothing to do with the maintenance, creation, layout or moderation of the site. It suffers the fate of many online forums that digress into a changing (somewhat) cast of characters that incessantly fling poo at one another and make what could be great not so much.

Not to say there are not good points on here and this site has enabled me to get to know some cool people and read some great stuff. So to you Jon and co. I say thank you.

I should note that my poor wording in the OP resulted in a misunderstanding of my intent and original question. I am not asking about quality or content or opinions of others on Summitpost. I am asking about a particular user interface experience.

Now - does anyone else have a similar experience to me on Summitpost or am I even more retarded than initially suspected?

Summitpost works fine on my 'puter. I usually research routes on that website because it seems easier to me than using the search function on CC.com. It may be that I just don't know how to use the CC.com search very skillfully. For example, searching for "Tooth" turns up several thousand posts that have nothing to to with a route description or topo. I find this entertaing but not very helpful.

What is it you're trying to find there?

I was looking for the story on there about "Dark Rythm" and its first ascent.

I have in the past found some very useful info there and am kinda bummed it is not working here. I just had a buddy try from his computer here at work and he has had the same result.

I guess I will try it at home.

Try spelling it correctly and you get the link right away

http://www.summitpost.org/dark-rhythm/166082

Spotter -

Thanks. Unfortunately I do not think you are getting it. It is not a problem finding the link, and once in a while I do spell correctly. It is when I click the link, like the one you so graciously provided, that I end up on the site with a header and footer but absolutely nothing for contact aside from ads.

I have done google search for just summit post as a stand alone and followed every link in the hit list and got the same result.

This has absolutely nothing to do with search functions.