6-6-6

prole

McCain was and is a better choice than BO

"McCain calls U.S. economy 'fundamentally sound' on same day Lehman Brothers declared bankrupt"

LOLZ dimwits

McCain's chief economic advisor in 2008: This is a mental recession. America is a nation of whiners.

2012: 999!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK listen feller, your entire "progressive" movement lacks any type of logic, so I'll do my best to empathize where you're coming from on this. Your analogy about the butter knife and fork does nothing to relate to anything that has been discussed by me on this thread. If you were attempting to expose flaws in my argument, you did not. In fact, it appears you're having difficulty following my argument at all - I apologize for that, feller, but it ain't my fault. All you've done is verify that you're a bit slow on the processing end of things - that's all, feller.

So if you missed my argument, I'll sum it up right here, feller:

Don't go offering up your opinion and expecting anyone to take you seriously when you voted for Obama in the last election. You were warned that Obama lacked any type of real experience in politics, and had no idea what he was doing when it came to running a nation - before you ever even cast your vote. But you overlooked this one huge fact, and you elected to vote for him anyway. Now, when folks call you on your bullshit, you try and save face and say he lied, that you were duped, that he didn't do anything he said he was going to do. Well, feller, I'll go right on ahead and call you a waaambulance, stat. The fact is, Obama never lied about his level of experience relating to his duties as president, and his fitness to run a nation, and that information was there for you to overlook the entire time.

I'll check back around November 2012 - after you've mulled this over for a while.

I was addressing somebody else, actually. Not really paying attention to your stuff.

OK listen feller, your entire "progressive" movement lacks any type of logic, so I'll do my best to empathize where you're coming from on this. Your analogy about the butter knife and fork does nothing to relate to anything that has been discussed by me on this thread. If you were attempting to expose flaws in my argument, you did not. In fact, it appears you're having difficulty following my argument at all - I apologize for that, feller, but it ain't my fault. All you've done is verify that you're a bit slow on the processing end of things - that's all, feller.

Don't go offering up your opinion and expecting anyone to take you seriously when you voted for Obama in the last election. You were warned that Obama lacked any type of real experience in politics, and had no idea what he was doing when it came to running a nation - before you ever even cast your vote. But you overlooked this one huge fact, and you elected to vote for him anyway. Now, when folks call you on your bullshit, you try and save face and say he lied, that you were duped, that he didn't do anything he said he was going to do. Well, feller, I'll go right on ahead and call you a waaambulance, stat. The fact is, Obama never lied about his level of experience relating to his duties as president, and his fitness to run a nation, and that information was there for you to overlook the entire time.

I'll check back around November 2012 - after you've mulled this over for a while.

dood, if you're not already a lawyer, you oughta look into it - you'd be a stone-cold killer at delivering the chewbacca defense!

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1QI4P0YqtM&feature=related

dood, if you're not already a lawyer, you oughta look into it - you'd be a stone-cold killer at delivering the chewbacca defense!

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1QI4P0YqtM&feature=related

Ivan - don't you have anything better to do on your birthday, bratchik? Nalivaj! :brew:

Sam Furley, I don't see how voting for Obama can discredit opinion futures. But hey, a man is entitled to his views regardless of how thick his cataracts has become. What I would like to know about you is, "How many time did you vote for W?" In anticipation of your answer I would like to cordially invite you to eat a dick.

Yes, I voted for Obama, and I'll likely vote for him again. I would like a democratic candidate to run against him....a true left one...not any of this centrist bullshit... Think a perfect blend of John Stewart, Bill Maher, and Bernie Sanders...but this isn't likely to happen. So I'll take Obama over some 9-9-9 delivery boy, a Tea Party darling, another Texan, a flip flopping business executive, or Santorum (whatever the fuck you call that wing nut). Of course the only sane choice in that entire field is Huntsman, but M'erica doesn't seem to run on sanity...oddly enough it seems to run on Sam Furley.

I think that coal slurry you've been sippin' has ironed your brain banana flat....what's a purdy Appalachian boy like you hanging out in the proud PNW?

Answer me this, you ol' pork slapper, who would you chose as your running mate for the Sam Furley "Frig'em All" 2012 campaign--Snuffy Smith or Yosemite Sam?

Edited by backclipped

Sam Furley, I don't see how voting for Obama can discredit opinion futures. But hey, a man is entitled to his views regardless of how thick his cataracts has become. What I would like to know about you is, "How many time did you vote for W?" In anticipation of your answer I would like to cordially invite you to eat a dick.

Yes, I voted for Obama, and I'll likely vote for him again. I would like a democratic candidate to run against him....a true left one...not any of this centrist bullshit... Think a perfect blend of John Stewart, Bill Maher, and Bernie Sanders...but this isn't likely to happen. So I'll take Obama over some 9-9-9 delivery boy, a Tea Party darling, another Texan, a flip flopping business executive, or Santorum (whatever the fuck you call that wing nut). Of course the only sane choice in that entire field is Huntsman, but M'erica doesn't seem to run on sanity...oddly enough it seems to run on Sam Furley.

Noone should be faulted for voting against the R's and for BO, but anyone who thinks comedians exemplify ideal candidates, OTOH...

So what exactly is YOUR plan Prole? Exactly. Concretely. Let's hear it douchebag.

Well hmmmm, let's see, as far as a counter-proposal to the Pizza Plan goes, let's start with taxing the rich more and the poor and working class less. It's like the exact opposite and about as concrete. But hey, when did criticizing an idiotic proposal put forward by a presidential candidate require counter-proposals by ordinary citizens? There's no shortage of work on progressive taxation and what's likely to help in an economy like this, don't expect me to do your homework.

Next up: taking over the banks and running them as public utilities.

So what exactly is YOUR plan Prole? Exactly. Concretely. Let's hear it douchebag.

Well hmmmm, let's see, as far as a counter-proposal to the Pizza Plan goes, let's start with taxing the rich more and the poor and working class less. It's like the exact opposite and about as concrete. But hey, when did criticizing an idiotic proposal put forward by a presidential candidate require counter-proposals by ordinary citizens?

Umm, nope, you're not concrete at all.

Define rich, and working class. State the tax rates and brackets and changes to existing tax code.

Currently there are quite a few people who are asking to "simplify" the tax code and eliminate loopholes. This is what is "appealing" about the 999 plan. We've seen post after post here on spray from libtards whining about Fortune 500 companies and multimillionaires paying zero taxes or a very small amount. A fixed corporate rate of 9% and personal income tax rate of 9% would stop that, no? So, you think it's idiotic, what could be changed to make it not "idiotic". It's easy to sit around calling everyone else a moron, but you sure don't impress with the lack of definite counter-proposals.

There are no simple answers. The Pizza Plan (shifting the tax burden onto those least able to bear it) is a twisted insult, the "President Trump" of policy proposals and par for the course for the Insane Clown Caucus that the GOP has become. If you're so clueless as you sound, start by closing the loopholes that are allowing individuals and companies to avoid and evade the existing rates, not lowering their taxes by 30% or more! Do you need a fucking map?

There are no simple answers. The Pizza Plan (shifting the tax burden onto those least able to bear it) is a twisted insult, the "President Trump" of policy proposals and par for the course for the Insane Clown Caucus that the GOP has become. If you're so clueless as you sound, start by closing the loopholes that are allowing individuals and companies to avoid and evade the existing rates, not lowering their taxes by 30% or more! Do you need a fucking map?

You seem overwrought, Prole. Aren't you capable of writing anything without being insulting, shrill and whiny? Good luck convincing anyone that YOU are not a member of some insane assclown posse. :wave:

Aren't you capable of writing anything without being insulting, shrill and whiny? Good luck convincing anyone that YOU are not a member of some insane assclown posse.

As if Cain, Bachmann, Trump, Gramm, Palin, Norquist, Koch et al. deserve anything but the contempt of concerned, rational people? That anyone, much less journalists, takes this crap seriously blows my mind. If the last few years has taught us anything about American conservatism in its current form, it's that you don't negotiate with terrorists.

wazzzzzzup? :)

Acting is a great qualifying skill for politicians, Ivan!

And Ronnie did a few things between the first and running for prez. Jon Stewart, OTOH...

comedians aren't actors?

just shooting the shit, mind you. politicians usually spend most of their lives being politicians, but there's alwasy room for gifted amateurs? populists sure don't like the status quo.

shit, forgot this guy! and another republicant to boot! :)

arnold-schwarzenegger-kindergarten-cop.jpg

Aren't you capable of writing anything without being insulting, shrill and whiny? Good luck convincing anyone that YOU are not a member of some insane assclown posse.

As if Cain, Bachmann, Trump, Gramm, Palin, Norquist, Koch et al. deserve anything but the contempt of concerned, rational people? That anyone, much less journalists, takes this crap seriously blows my mind. If the last few years has taught us anything about American conservatism in its current form, it's that you don't negotiate with terrorists.

You've just articulated exactly why you are not a serious person to discuss anything of substance. Your "contempt" for vast swaths of those you disagree with is obvious. Don't expect respect in return.

wazzzzzzup? :)

Acting is a great qualifying skill for politicians, Ivan!

And Ronnie did a few things between the first and running for prez. Jon Stewart, OTOH...

comedians aren't actors?

just shooting the shit, mind you. politicians usually spend most of their lives being politicians, but there's alwasy room for gifted amateurs? populists sure don't like the status quo.

shit, forgot this guy! and another republicant to boot! :)

arnold-schwarzenegger-kindergarten-cop.jpg

Don't forget Stuart Smalley.

Sorry 5K, but I think he's got a valid point. Most of the folks he lists are actually deep space wackos selling crazy by the bucket load. You'll notice he didn't throw Romney, Huntsman, or Pawlenty in the same pot, and I don't think that's just an oversight. Perry has his serious fringe aspects, but even he is more rational than much of the Republican field.

The contempt is based on the actual results of the implementation of the policies these folks have been advocating for 40 years. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

I agree. The Republican Party has been taken over by the right fringe and folks that might have a reasonably moderate bone in their body, Mitt included, are constantly covering their right flank. The press is pretty lame at calling most of the field what they are, blathering idiots.

Your "contempt" for vast swaths of those you disagree with is obvious.

The financial elite, tax kooks, the Addams Family of think tanks, and a media that's lost it's stomach for doing actual journalism hardly constitutes a "vast swath" of anything other than an ongoing influence that's completely out of proportion to its proven ability to deliver positive results. Hello?

Sorry 5K, but I think he's got a valid point. Most of the folks he lists are actually deep space wackos selling crazy by the bucket load. You'll notice he didn't throw Romney, Huntsman, or Pawlenty in the same pot, and I don't think that's just an oversight. Perry has his serious fringe aspects, but even he is more rational than much of the Republican field.

Not a productive tack, OW. Each candidate is trying to appeal to the base to win the nomination, and one has to ask why certain ideas get support and argue against those ideas without being an elitist ass (I have contempt for you wackos!)