Who Climbed What this Weekend?

Mr._Blister

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what I am waiting to see is who on this thread gets the Chestbeater of the Month award.

I stayed home, wired some electrical outlets, painted some drywall in the basement, blew a couple of breakers, went on a Home Depot spree, drank 1 beer...

Alex

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Blister:

Tim: I hate you. You'll never get a job at Expedia!!!

Think about that next time you flash a long alpine rock route while I'm at home with the kids!!!

XOXOXO,

Blisterin' Goodtime

[This message has been edited by Mr. Blister (edited 08-28-2001).]

Can I get one? I didn't flash any alpine routes, just climbed at Index, so boooring, and was thinking about the computers all the time...

Did some cragging at Peshastin on Friday, attended my in-laws 50th anniversary party on Saturday, went to a wedding on Sunday where I engaged an interesting chap in a conversation regarding a genre of Rock Music from the 80's. Anyone ever heard of "Butt Rock"? It is allegedly a stle of music played by "hair bands". It can still be heard blaring from speakers in the backs of Camaros on 196th and Hwy. 99 in Lynnwood. Anyone ever hear of such a style?

Underlying everything was a strong yet unspoken desire to be at Index with local PNW legends "Big Joe" and his loyal partner "The Rock" Charlie. It isn't so much that Joe makes his pro from just used auto parts. We're talking old Chevy Vega engine blocks for stoppers and 1952 Ford Milk Truck Leaf Springs for active protection. Big Joe is the man!

Did Frostbite Ridge on Glacier Peak. Awesome climb with no one around! Alot of traversing, up & down, 3 short pitches of alpine ice (45-50 degrees) and one full pitcj of the best alpine ice (60-70 degrees) I've ever climbed- better than the ice on North face of Athabasca. Great route. If anyone wants beta on it let me know!

Worked saturday, went sunday with an Aussie buddy of mine to mess around on Nason Ridge. Thought we'd get some nice scramble variety on a rock called appropriately, Rock Mountain, but there was only some nice scrambling on the ridge itself. Nice long training , 12+miles 4000 vert to 6800 ft and great views, yelled at mother nature, then went down to Leavenworth for free pool and flirting with the local ladies.

quote:

Originally posted by Alex:

what I am waiting to see is who on this thread gets the Chestbeater of the Month award.

I stayed home, wired some electrical outlets, painted some drywall in the basement, blew a couple of breakers, went on a Home Depot spree, drank 1 beer...

Alex

I nominate Loren Campbell tongue.gif