• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

quote:

Originally posted by russki82:

is it any more right for people who will never have to fire a weapon and dodge bullets to scream for war?

Why weren't the liberal fucks asking this questions when their favorite son, Bill Clinton, sent our military into harm's way more than any other president in recent history?
[Mad]
Don't know, Greg. Sounds like it's a double-standard for both sides of the fence, though, wouldn't you say?

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

quote:

Originally posted by russki82:

is it any more right for people who will never have to fire a weapon and dodge bullets to scream for war?

Why weren't the liberal fucks asking this questions when their favorite son, Bill Clinton, sent our military into harm's way more than any other president in recent history?
[Mad]
Don't know, Greg. Sounds like it's a double-standard for both sides of the fence, though, wouldn't you say?

DFA - The hypocrisy is on the Left. I never said a Commander-in-Chief cannot send troops into battle if they haven't seen combat themselves. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy. As President, it is his job to send the military into battle if the situation calls for it.

Greg W

My father had the pleasure of being in the So Pacific in WWII and actually engaged in some heavy duty fighting. The kind where several thousand soldiers die in a very few days. He also was in the service during Korea. My Uncle was also fortunate and was sent to Europe where he had the great joy of a German bullet knocking all his teeth out. (As a sidebar he recently had some metal from that war surgically removed) Back in the first Gulf War I was visiting and we engaged in a long and vociferous discussion about the war. Another guest was a man who lived across the street from my parents. This gentleman was a imigrant from Germany and fought during WWII. His wife had amazing stories of being homeless and running from the Russians. Many differing views held by the group and strangely the guys with the most real war experience were the most in favor of the Gulf War and the complete and decisive defeat of Iraq. Never once did I hear anyone say: "well you'd think different if you had fought." Funny how this profoundly undemocratic argument is often used against those advocating war.

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Puget:

...and strangely the guys with the most real war experience were the most in favor of the Gulf War and the complete and decisive defeat of Iraq.

I don't find that strange at all. My opinion (after talking with many veterans) is that they have seen how horrible war is and would rather see the job done once as opposed to having to send others in again.

Thank you father for his service. My Grandfather was on destroyers in the Pacific.

Greg W

Originally posted by sisu suomi:

I started this several time but had to edit it because I am a little up set with the liberal 'tude. Anti war is not supporting the troops that have to go in and face the shit when it hits the fan. All you fucks will be happy to see 'em when the shit gets close to home but now its "cool" to be anti.

This is a pretty warped view of the anti-war stance. Being anti-war has little to do with not supporting the troops, who are, for whatever reasons, doing what they're told. Being anti-war is about objecting to killing and loss of life for one thing. It's also about objecting to the reasons that wars are fought, especially when the reasons don't seem to be good ones. It has nothing to do with being "cool," and everything to do with a moral objection to the slaughter of innocent people.

"I'll tell you this...I love a real good knock down fuck up fight. Haven't been in one in years, but if any of you anti fucks have the balls to step up to the plate with me I'll go for it. I pick Mike Adamson and Caveman to be the refs for the event. You get to pick the style and the place...gloves, bare knockles, boxing gym, out in the country and since you are a liberal we need a disclaimer because I know when you get your ass beat into the ground by a 50+ year old man you'll be looking for a lawyer. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Your whole attitude basically mimics that of the current administration. If anyone disagrees, they will be smashed. You claim to be for America, democracy and freedom, but your attitude is pure fascist. Since when is America about destroying anyone who disagrees with its leadership. You sound like Saddam, in case you didn't notice.

No self-respecting "liberal" would fight you because first of all, most rational humans recognize that violence is not a good problem-solver, especially to some pointless pissing match about jingoistic macho nationalism. It might have worked in highschool when you wanted to beat up some hippies because you were pissed that the football team lost the big game, so you could prove you were a real man, but it's not a real-world solution. That's why people don't kick the shit out of each other every time they disagree about something. Can you imagine the environment in the workplace if this was the standard problem-solving practice? People wouldn't get a lot done.

It is exactly your pro-killing, pro-violence, hyper-aggressive attitude that turns people against patriotism, because this is the kind of attitude so often associated with it. Perhaps if so called "patriots" didn't spout so much vitriol that is so contrary to the ideals they and this country supposedly stand for, you might find that more people are more supportive of America.

quote:

Originally posted by Poseur:

No sh!t, Clinton bombed and invaded more countries than I can even keep track of and nary a wimper from the left. I guess it's OK when you're doing it to hide the intern under your desk.

There was more than "nary a wimper". People throughout the states protested against Clinton's foreign military policies. Many groups on the "left" openly and vehemently criticized Clinton. On election day Clinton called Pacifica radio to drum up last minute support for Al Gore and got barraged with tough questions about his policies towards Iraq.

Edward Herman wrote an article in Z-Magazine during Clinton's term, calling him the 20th Century's greatest war criminal.

"Nary a wimper", eh. Those are but a few small examples.

[ 10-16-2002, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: E-rock ]

quote:

Originally posted by RobBob:

Pacifica is at least on par with Al Jazeerah in terms of objectivity...
[Roll Eyes]

Yeah, how dare those Arabs listen to al Jazera when they could get their unbiased, objective news straight from CNN - and in English too, a much superior language!

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

quote:

Originally posted by RobBob:

Pacifica is at least on par with Al Jazeerah in terms of objectivity...
[Roll Eyes]

Yeah, how dare those Arabs listen to al Jazera when they could get their
unbiased, objective
news straight from CNN - and in English too, a much superior language!

Yeah, the bastards!!

quote:

There was more than "nary a wimper". People throughout the states protested against Clinton's foreign military policies. Many groups on the "left" openly and vehemently criticized Clinton. On election day Clinton called Pacifica radio to drum up last minute support for Al Gore and got barraged with tough questions about his policies towards Iraq.

Edward Herman wrote an article in Z-Magazine during Clinton's term, calling him the 20th Century's greatest war criminal.

"Nary a wimper", eh. Those are but a few small examples.

Some phone calls to a radio station, oooo, how tough that must have been for ol' Billy Bob. Sorry, never heard or Pacifica, is that like a college radio station or something? Z magazine? Sorry for the sarcasm, but those examples are too few and small to compare to the protests in oregon last month when dubya visited, and wait until you see the freak show in San Francisco later this month. These events get on mainstream news! I won't even try to regurgitate the comments from Democratic congressional leadership, who then turned around and voted for the resolution.

I don't begrudge anti-war opinions - I'm not real keen on the whole thing myself - but the hypocracy of the left makes me ashamed to be a registered Dem.