gaper TR "cleaning the gutters"

Bronco

After another day of angst at the office, I knew I needed to climb last night. Something tough, and solo. Problem was, I needed to clean the gutters on the ole' homestead and to make matters worse, it was getting dark and cold, fast. I quickly decided to hang the hose from my back pocket and launched into the overhanging start to the climb.

As I mantled onto the eve of the garage roof, I remembered that I had made one potentally fatal mistake. The Hawks were on Monday Night Football for the first time in 2 (pathetic) seasons. I lowered off and cranked up the radio. Things looked bad, they were down 10 - 0, but I must climb.

Back on the roof of the Garage, I searched for the key to the second floor's gutters. Smearing and Liebacking up the downspout was making black marks all over the side of the house, in the intrest of going light, I had left my crampons at home, so I settled on aiding that section with my "8-step" aider, which put me in reach of another difficult mantle and belly flop onto the summit.

With the gutters sparkling, I reversed the mantle onto my aider, threw down the ladder er aider and went to pull the hose, which was still on the upper summit. Pull and nothing. Must have wrapped it around a flake (vent) before I came down. Flipping and yanking the hose got me no where. I'd have to go back up. Hand over hand up the hose, I made the edge of the roof. One easy flip of the hose freed it from the obstruction and I dropped back down to the lower roof.

As I gave the upper summit one last glance and dropped to the driveway, I decided to name the new route in honor of a CC.com legend.

Cleaning the Gutters or Dwayner's Directissima, V1, A1(or free at 5.6 if you are hardcore), Grade 1. [sNAFFLEHOUND]

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic