• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
alpenlady

[TR] Banks Lake Peninsula - Orange and Post Modern Walls 10/1/2011

Trip: Banks Lake Peninsula - Orange and Post Modern Walls

Date: 10/1/2011

Trip Report:

Doug and I had a nice weekend of climbing out at the Banks Lake Peninsula, and I wanted to share in case you're interested. The rock is good but needs more traffic so I am posting partly in the hope that others will be inspired to tread where we did, and the routes will clean up into the pretty decent climbs that they could be.

I am too lazy to write a whole trip report, it seems like a lot of difficult work. There's a write-up and photos at this easy to use website:

Enjoy!

Gear Notes:

Full rack

poison ivy oil remover

Approach Notes:

canoe or other water craft needed; we came across from the launch opposite Northrup Canyon, which is closer to Seattle but does involve open water crossing. The other, more conservative option is to drive around to the other side and hug the shoreline.

I copied and pasted the link and it worked that way.

Nice job! I heard that they are draining Banks Lake way down, and can see it in the photos. Does it smell bad or not to noticable?

Drove by the on Monday on our way home from Pentictan. The lake definitely looks low. Have been wondering about this area for some time now. Is all of the climbing accessed via boat of some sort? Couldn't tell from just driving through. Looks like a great place. Will have to get up there.

The lake is low enough you can actually walk all the way around to Revolutionary Wall on Highway Rock, and it was nice enough to climb in a tank top. Yay for the desert.