Martini Thread

bstach

This thread is terrible. No man wants a fruitini!

That may be true, but do you have a wife or girlfriend? This was supposed to be the girlie martini thread, not the selfish man thread. Though you're right, one would never guess that amidst all the dickwaving going on. Changing the title.

2 parts orange juice to one part Jagermeister. Equally good for girls, boys and the in-between types.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shake

FAIL....WRONG......you never shake a martini. You will bruise the alcohol. Stirring is the only way. And be quick about it....you dont want to dilute the alcohol with the water.

You can't "bruise" alcohol. Some aromatic alcohol like gin shouldn't be chilled too much or it will lose its aroma. That's why you don't put gin in the freezer.

Shaking can get a drink colder than stirring, which is why people who like to pretend they know a lot about booze say stupid things like "shaking will bruise the alcohol."

How many years were you a bartender? Thats what I thought.

votes for favorite Gin?

Bombay Saphire is yummy

10 is awfully nice too.

Lately i've been a big fan of the Cascade Mountain Gin as well. Always nice to go quasi local.

Bombay Sapphire is the standard go-to.

Occasionally I'll get Hendrick's, which is slightly better, but not enough (usually) to justify the price difference.

Plymouth is tasty too.

Edited by KaskadskyjKozak

The proportions are always a matter of personal preference.

How many years were you a bartender? Thats what I thought.

Oh, Kevbone. You so frequently need to shut up, and you so rarely do.

That may be true, but do you have a wife or girlfriend? This was supposed to be the girlie martini thread, not the selfish man thread. Though you're right, one would never guess that amidst all the dickwaving going on. Changing the title.

Yeah, I have a girlfriend. She likes real cocktails too. Also beer. Sorry I'm not much help on this topic.

Learn to make a good cosmopolitan and a mojito.

Learn to make a good cosmopolitan and a mojito.

Yup. Better hydration.