Bad News for Necronomicon

Greg_W

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Necronomicon:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would never buy an American made car, but thanks for the offer

Just found out this weekend that General Motors now owns a 25% share in Subaru; so you're all buying American!!! Anybody know why Subaru sold out?

Greg W

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This just in from www.algoreweb.net/news.html/greg_w

-

"Greg, I just want to thank you for being such a leader in the effort for bi-partisan get-alongness and in general an ambassador of good will from the right wing republican gun-enthusiast faction. I was going to tell you in person, but I couldn't get ahold of your address, so I stopped by your mom's place and gave her a big ol' democratic hug instead! Here's to you, tiger!"

[ 10-14-2002, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Dr Flash Amazing ]

quote:

Originally posted by Off White:

Without conflict in the world, what would I have to complain about? Did you know you can put a small block chevy engine in a subaru?

I don't see how; the flat 6-cyl they have in there takes up a lot of space. Might have to put a scoop on top so the carb intake can breathe properly. Carburated 350 is the way to go.

i have the 351 W H.O. in my f250 4bbl and i love it...but as a rule of thumb i dont like fords...but that combo has treated me well...chevy's are allright but i had an s-10 once and the damn starter in that thing was a biznatch to get out...take out cross members brake line and crap....pain in teh ass...give me a carbeurated v-plant anyday.... [big Grin]

[ 10-14-2002, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Fence Sitter ]

quote:

Originally posted by North by Northwest:

S-10s and S-10 Blazers suck. So do older Rangers and Bronco IIs (aka Canadian Land Rovers) though too. Bigger simpler and more accessible is the way to go. More power is good too.

I would clarify this to say that the 2.8-l V-6 in the S-10 & S-10 Blazer sucks. The 4.3-l is a solid engine in both these vehicles.

quote:

Originally posted by North by Northwest:

S-10s and S-10 Blazers suck. So do older Rangers and Bronco IIs (aka Canadian Land Rovers) though too. Bigger simpler and more accessible is the way to go. More power is good too.

Unfortunately I owned an S-10. I had it for 10yrs.

Engine broke at 135,000 and I bought a short block and put it back together with the right parts (2 years into my ownership)

I put another 150,000mi on it before selling it for cash! Besides a few clutches thats all I had to do. In the end I got my moneys worth.

I replaced the clutch cable with an old piece of 5.5 spectra cord, it never broke again [big Grin]

But it was still always a piece of crap.

Greg W.,

Here's how you can tell if your car is 100% made in America. First, make sure your car is running. Then, place your hand on the fender furthest from the coil wire( which leads from the coil to the center of the distributor cap). Next reach over and quickly grab the coil wire in a clenched fist. If you car is made in America, would should be able to hold onto the coil wire and touch the fender at the same time, and the coil wire will not come unplugged. I tried with my Subaru, but I couldn't do it (Chinese piece of shit!!)

Best wishes,

Necro