[TR] Robson to Bugaboos in 6 days: - Airplane Camping and Aerial Photography 9/20/2011

Steph_Abegg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. East side of Mt. Alexander is EXQUISITE, both as a photograph and as a mountain. Are there any routes up that face? It looks as blank and committing as anything I've ever seen.

And if you look closely there is a hanging glacier in a rather cool circular form. If unnamed, I would name it Pimple Glacier. =)

I do not know the climbing history. Bivouac.com does not name any routes, only a first ascent in 1929. But I'd be very curious to find out what has and what hasn't been climbed.

Edited by Steph_Abegg

Mt Sir Alexander doesn't see a lot of ascents even though it is a striking peak. This is likely a result of it not being an 11,000er as well as being somewhat off the beaten path. All of the more recent ascents I'm aware of have been by locals as it seems visitors from further afield are more intent on Mt Robson.

The east ridge(left skyline in the picture)was climbed by Bryce Cox and Sean Fraser approximately 10yrs ago. I think this was the FRA of this route. I can't remember if it was a winter or early spring ascent but the conditions were certainly wintery with temps in the minus 30C range. Approach was made using snowmobile and skis.

The north ridge is also a route but probably hasn't seen an ascent in a very long time. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually hasn't seen a second ascent.

I think most ascents are from the SW side.

Every year my standard Christmas present to friends/family is a calendar comprised of photos from my favorite summer adventure(s). This year, I am making a Canadian Rockies Aerial Photography 2012 Calendar. I make my calendars in iPhoto and order through Apple. The downside of using Apple to do the printing is that the calendars are pricy (roughly $27 once I include shipping); but the major upside is the beautiful product and large format images, not the cheap 8.5x11 calendars that are offered by most outfits online.

6225643868_8cda5cbb5a.jpg

If anyone is interested in one of these calendars, please contact me, and I can add calendar(s) to my order list. Only comes out to a couple dollars per photo in the end.... =)

sabegg@gmail.com if interested.

Edited by Steph_Abegg

• 1 month later...