• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
sean_beanntan

North Sister Fatality on Saturday

RIP,

I grew up with Brian, haven't talked to him in 20 years though. One of his bros died in another tragic non-climbing incident several years ago.

He was a nice dude. Sympothy to the family.

Shapp

Edited by shapp

My sincere condolences to the family.

This definitely startled me, although I did not know Jones on any level. A friend of mine and I had planned on a quick jaunt up the mountain for this day and approx. time frame, but we never connected and I haven't heard from him in a few days now. So at first I thought it was him having attempted the mountain solo. My heart rests a little at peace knowing he didn't die, but the fact that someone did pass away up there resonates within me all the more now.

May Brian rest well.

I thought about Brian a bit last night in rememberance. Some good times in high school:

sitting in the hot tub at his house with the hot exchange student from finland (girl)

Brian diving off the top of the train tressle at hayden bridge (he was a competition diver and quit good)

Ice cream cone building competitions at AM/PM