AAC Looking for Reps to Climb in Scotland

lbauerAAC

Every year, the British Mountaineering Council hosts an International Meet, a weeklong gathering of climbers from around the world. The American Alpine Club will send two lucky members to this year’s Winter Meet, located in Scotland’s Cairngorms. Interested? There's a pile of ice there.

Full details and application instructions can be found on our blog.

http://inclined.americanalpineclub.org/2011/09/represent-the-aac-on-a-climbing-trip-to-scotland/

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was extremely interested and already starting to craft my application letter in my head until I realized that the AAC is not covering our airfare. Based on the OP, it sounds like this was a contest where you would be footing the bill.

Can you provide a little clarification why I would want to attend this event, rather than choose my own partner, set my own schedule, and choose my own objectives?

It's pretty simple really.

You get to climb in notoriously condition-dependent areas while enjoying the rare benefit of the very best of local knowledge. More importantly you get to share ideas with, learn from and drink with some of the very best winter climbers on the planet.

It's about opening up your mind.

GB