scrambling

karen

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by ryland moore:

Haven't heard from Trask in a while. So maybe that is where he dissappeared to!
[laf]
Dru, I think it is a bald dude. Is Trask bald?

Do you mean its trask on top or on bottom [Roll Eyes] I think that move is prohibuited under International Sumo Federation rules.

For DRu ( who ever that is) Scrambling is scree yes rock ice snow hiking climbing . with out the use of aid. I t can but may not have exposure i. It is fun for me and obviously is mot for you.. so that is fine.. you don't have to.. what is the old saying you can dish it out...

quote:

Originally posted by karen:

For DRu ( who ever that is) Scrambling is scree yes rock ice snow hiking climbing . with out the use of aid. I t can but may not have exposure i. It is fun for me and obviously is mot for you.. so that is fine.. you don't have to.. what is the old saying you can dish it out...

You mean like this?

-

Or this?

-

Or this?

-

Or this?

-

But not this -

Or this -

Or this -

Right??? [laf]

quote:

Originally posted by COL. Von Spanker:

Scrambling as I see it: One day, non technical (meaning w/o the use of ropes) peakbagging. Of course there are exceptions to everything, as some would call the west ridge of prusik a "scramble".

Yes we are going to scramble it on Friday [big Grin]

Great picture. Some of that is yes scrambling, some not .. I Sure you are a great climber. probably summeted K2 more than once. does not have to be one day I think Im going to bail on this . I've had a ew responses that were positive, Enjoy what ever it is that you do. What was that, by the way?

quote:

Originally posted by karen:

Great picture. Some of that is yes scrambling, some not .. I Sure you are a great climber. probably summeted K2 more than once. does not have to be one day I think Im going to bail on this . I've had a ew responses that were positive, Enjoy what ever it is that you do. What was that, by the way?

Post pictures I took on the Internet, duh. [big Grin]

It's funny how you have the time to search out and post numerous photographs illustrating all sorts of outdoor endeavors, but no time nor inclination to figure out what the word "scramble" means. Is that so you can clamber upon your soapbox to piously proclaim "I just wanted her to explain what she meant..." while lobbing a long abusive string at her? Somehow, I suspect you may actually have already known what she meant... Congratulations, asshole, you're a real live bully. Fortunately, you apparantly have a posse.

No wonder this site has such a poor reputation. Someone posts looking for a partner, and pretty much unleashes a vicious string of bullshit.

Either that, or when sounding out the word s-c-r-a-m-b-l-e you heard the word s-p-r-a-y.

-t

quote:

Originally posted by terrible ted:

It's funny how you have the time to search out and post numerous photographs illustrating all sorts of outdoor endeavors, but no time nor inclination to figure out what the word "scramble" means. Is that so you can clamber upon your soapbox to piously proclaim "I just wanted her to explain what she meant..." while lobbing a long abusive string at her? Somehow, I suspect you may actually have already known what she meant... Congratulations, asshole, you're a real live bully. Fortunately, you apparantly have a posse.

No wonder this site has such a poor reputation. Someone posts looking for a partner, and pretty much unleashes a vicious string of bullshit.

Either that, or when sounding out the word s-c-r-a-m-b-l-e you heard the word s-p-r-a-y.

-t

-

quote:

Originally posted by thelawgoddess:

i hate talus.

i hate scree.

walls of granite

are where i want to be.

Yeah so does everyone else. Any granite wall you can walk up to within 1 hour have lines if it's near any city.

Scree, glaciers, talus are just part of the game if you want to enjoy some more remote climbing. The vies photos and experience overrride anything else. This is obvious...

Just give it a few tries and you too will find yourself addicted to the alpine [big Grin]

Scrambling is just a means of getting to those alpine walls sometimes [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by thelawgoddess:

you've almost got me conviced, cavedude.
-

Just make sure you do a great route first. That way the pain is worth the effort.

In my opinon a great summit is worth more than any 5.10 redpoint. Although I am not downplaying a good rock climb. [rockband] They are rememberable too.

It's not so difficult if you find a good partner. I have climbed with many of these geeks posting here. We always have fun, even when we fail.

One word - Serenity [big Drink]