UPDATE: Cleaning Out The Closet

chris

Just moved into a new house, and I'm taking the opportunity to clean out the closet again. This yard sale has clothing, packs, and a little bit of gear that ranges from barely used to absolutely beaten. What's most important is that I've tried to price items to move. If you think something is over-priced, send me a PM and we'll talk.

None of my prices include shipping – and if you want it cheaper than what I'm asking, coming and getting it from West Seattle will make it more likely for you to get the price you want. Everything still works – all the zippers function, for example – and if you're willing to put up with some patches and faded fabric, you're going to get some sweet deals. And you are welcome to inspect anything when you pick it up (or if it arrives at your door step) and ask for your money back instead. Sorry – in order to save both of our valuable time, I ask that you pay first before I'll ship it. Cash or check is on a case by case basis. I prefer PM's and Pay Pal – I'll strike things out as sales are pending or completed. Here's the Yard Sale:

SOLD TO schwe001

Wild Things Andinista

LINK

Arguably the pack that came with the modern alpinist light and fast ethic. This pack has faded a bit, and is worn in a couple of places, but still has a lot of life left. You can buy one new from Wild Things for $360.00 plus shipping, or almost 85% off.

$60.00

Gregory Z65 Pack, 64L, size M (18”-20” back)

Gregory LINK

Backcountry.com LINK

Another one season pack, used for approximately 4 weeks. Fantastic for backpacking, ok for climbing, great for rough trails or cross-country work. Simply bigger than anything I need. You can buy this pack for $228.95 new. Or here for almost 70% off...

$70.00

DSC01409.JPGDSC01408.JPG

Summit Extrem Ski Tour Pack, aprox 55L, size M/L

A tip from a Korean ski client on Mt Vinson, this pack has seen one season of use – and that season was only 5 weeks long! It is lightweight, like-new, and has all the features you need for a technical ski mountaineering pack. This pack is similar in size to the Gregory Z65, but less is put into the suspension. It could make some a sweet alpine pack. I could ask for more but I don't need it – someone else should have it!

$35.00

DSC01407.JPGDSC01406.JPG

SOLD TO rloeh

BCA Stash Pack

LINK

On of BCA's original products, the Stash Pack is still on the list. This is a great day-trip ski touring pack. I've used this pack hard for multiple seasons and it barely shows the wear. I did cut off the side straps (they got in the way of the zippers), so skis have to be mounted cross-ways, my preferred method. A new Stash Pack costs $99.99. 80% off.

$20.00

PENDING SALE TO genepires

Black Diamond Guide Gloves, Size Large.

Fleece liner, gore-tex, seam-taped shell. Well-worn. You can get a new pair for $159.95, or buy these for more than 90% off!

$15.00

SOLD TO bkb0000

North Face Montana Glove, size L

A basic ski glove, with a zippered pocket on the back of the hand for hand warmers or whatnot. These retail for $60, and have never been worn. How about 75% off?

$15.00

Head Ski Gloves, size S

Another basic ski glove that someone left in our house. Look like new, also have a velcro pocket for hand warmers on the back of the hand. “Outlast” on the cuff, “waterproof/breathable” on the tag.

$15.00

SOLD TO Woodcutter

Wild Things Belay Parka, size L

This is what a Climbing Magazine review said in issue #245, “With the famously harsh White Mountains as their test lab, it’s no surprise that Wild Things would produce one of the warmest parkas we tested, with six ounces of Primaloft insulation. The most no-frills jacket reviewed here, the Belay Parka ($285, two pounds, two ounces) has a generous cut (without being bulky); fitting it over other layers was never a problem. It has two outer pockets and one inner, as well as a tightly cut, chest-height inner mesh water bottle pocket. The hood is easy to adjust, but tended to fit a bit snug over a Petzl Elios helmet; a more generous cut would help. The Epic shell fabric proved the most water resistant among all the jackets and is sewn together with a minimum of seams.”

Wild Things is completely overhauling its clothing line, and this jacket is no longer available. My version fits fine over the helmets I've worn with it. I did burn the sleeve and patched it with rip-stop tape. This jacket will still keep someone warm. Almost 80% off.

$60.00

SOLD TO schwe001

Patagonia Micro Puff Hooded Jacket, size L

LINK

Another great belay parka – you could find me in this jacket at almost every ski break, every evening in camp, or whenever I was on the dull end of the rope. This one has some wear at the cuffs and a nick on one shoulder but that's it! New for $229.00, I'm giving it away at almost 70% off.

$70.00

PENDING SALE TO SWH

Patagonia Puffball Hooded Jacket, size L

The Micro Puff Hooded Jacket for sale above replace this one, an old classic that has patches on the sleeve, hip, and back. Its been well worn, but still has some value to someone who needs some insulation and doesn't care about looking rough. Like above, you could buy a new one for $229.00, or you could get this one for for than 85% off.

$35.00

b]Sherpa Khangri Hooded Jacket, size L

[/b]LINK

This jacket was a great alpine soft shell with a trim fit. Long enough to tuck under the harness, and great sleeves for full-reach-over-the-head moves. Not sure what this jacket retailed for, so I'm asking for more than 80% off current equivalents.

$40.00

DSC01434.JPGDSC01435.JPG

Patagonia Men Guide's Jacket, size M

LINK

This piece only saw ½ a season of use before I replaced it with the Sherpa Khangri above. Its still a great coat. Just enough fabric to block the wind and provide a little bit on insulation without over-doing it. It looks like new – which would cost $149.00. How about 70% off?

$45.00

DSC01426.JPGDSC01427.JPG

SOLD TO ColinB

Rab Kinetic Jacket

Backcountry.com LINK

This Pertex jacket is no longer in production and can be found on sale at backcountry.com. It is a great ultra-lite weight rain piece. The jacket weighs only 9oz or 255gm. Pair it up with the Kinetic Pants for sale below, and you have an awesome completely waterproof system for the “oh shit”moments in the mountains. On sale for $104.00. +70% off.

$30.00

Patagonia Rubicon Pants, size L

LINK

Worn one season, these pants don't show it. They are freakin' BURLY. They do have ventilation zippers, making them great for sidecountry missions. And completely waterproof with Patagucci's H2No – an absolute must here. Retails for $249.00. Yours for 70% off.

$75.00

SOLD TO Alex

Cloudveil Symmetry Pant, size 36

Before they sold out, Cloudveil made some of the best frontcountry and sidecountry ski clothing, hands down. The Symmetry Pant was a soft shell made with a wool-like blend. It is a fantastic pant for the ski area and the sidecountry. Warm enough to wear mid-winter, but still breathable enough on warm spring days. You can still find them listed on close-out online for prices from $73 - $129.00, and I just want someone to get to use them!

$40.00

SOLD TO zeroforhire

Patagonia Men's Rock Guide Pants, size 34

LINK

Softshell, worn one season, and in great shape. They retail for $79.00, but you can have them for almost 70% off.

$25.00

SOLD TO ColinB

Rab Kinetic Pants, size L

Waterproof with Pertex, these pants complement the Kinetic Jacket I have for sale above. Features include an elastic drawstring waist and 1/2 zips up the legs. They weigh in around 250gm too.

$30.00

Timbuk2 Classic Messenger Bag.

LINK

Some wear – but still waterproof. Great for tooling around town. Big enough for a laptop and textbooks. Retails for around $79.00. 75% off.

$20.00

DSC01423.JPG

SOLD TO myuhnke33

Silveretta 404 Ski Bindings

Wild Snow 1ST LINK 2ND LINK

Reality check. I bought these years ago expecting to use them to approach climbs. That happened exactly once. I always expected to re-mount them, but have simply found I'd rather go climbing in ski boots than skiing in climbing boots. I know some of you have the reverse opinion, so they're yours! Original screws included.

$80.00

PENDING SALE TO Buckaroo

Black Diamond Alpine Bod Harness, size S

Worn on precisely one three-week expedition in China, this harness is like-new. Retails new for $37.95, but you can have it for 60% off.

$15.00

SOLD TO bkb0000

Charlet Moser Ice Axe, 55cm

A little shorter and heavier for a better swing, this axe deserves to be in the hands of someone young, poor, and desperate for gear. That's why its only...

FREE

SOLD TO OR

Retired Rope, 20-30m lengths, 3 pieces

If someone has a need for it, its yours. It no one does, it will probably be going to the trash.

FREE

Edited by chris

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Thanks for all the interest. I believe I've responded to all the PM's. If I missed you - hit me again. The following items are still up for grabs:

Gregory Z65

wild Things Belay Parka

Patagonia Men's Micro Puff Hooded Jacket

Patagonia Men's Guide's Jacket

Timbuk2 Messenger Bag

Silvretta 404 Bindings

BD Alpine Bod Harness

If any sale falls through, I'll contact the next person who PM'ed me first, wait a reasonable amount of time, and then re-post. Thanks again for the interest!

Updated to simplify the view. Cash or check for in person hand-offs, or Pay Pal for shipped items. Shipping is an additional $6-12.00, depending on volume.

Gregory Z65 Pack, 64L, size M (18”-20” back)

Gregory LINK

Backcountry.com LINK

Another one season pack, used for approximately 4 weeks. Fantastic for backpacking, ok for climbing, great for rough trails or cross-country work. Simply bigger than anything I need. You can buy this pack for $228.95 new. Or here for almost 70% off...

$70.00

DSC01409.JPGDSC01408.JPG

Summit Extrem Ski Tour Pack, aprox 55L, size M/L

A tip from a Korean ski client on Mt Vinson, this pack has seen one season of use – and that season was only 5 weeks long! It is lightweight, like-new, and has all the features you need for a technical ski mountaineering pack. This pack is similar in size to the Gregory Z65, but less is put into the suspension. It could make some a sweet alpine pack. I could ask for more but I don't need it – someone else should have it!

$35.00

DSC01407.JPGDSC01406.JPG

Head Ski Gloves, size S

Another basic ski glove that someone left in our house. Look like new, also have a velcro pocket for hand warmers on the back of the hand. “Outlast” on the cuff, “waterproof/breathable” on the tag.

$15.00

DSC01421.JPG

Sale Pending to occamsrazor32

Sherpa Khangri Hooded Jacket, size L

LINK

This jacket was a great alpine soft shell with a trim fit. Long enough to tuck under the harness, and great sleeves for full-reach-over-the-head moves. Not sure what this jacket retailed for, so I'm asking for more than 80% off current equivalents.

$40.00

DSC01434.JPGDSC01435.JPG

Sale Pending to occamsrazor32

Patagonia Men Guide's Jacket, size M

LINK

This piece only saw ½ a season of use before I replaced it with the Sherpa Khangri above. Its still a great coat. Just enough fabric to block the wind and provide a little bit on insulation without over-doing it. It looks like new – which would cost $149.00. How about 70% off?

$45.00

DSC01426.JPGDSC01427.JPG

Timbuk2 Classic Messenger Bag.

LINK

Some wear – but still waterproof. Great for tooling around town. Big enough for a laptop and textbooks. Retails for around $79.00. +80% off!

$15.00

DSC01423.JPG