We remember

kevbone

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where were you on this day?

I was in Squamish with two good friends. We did not know about it until later in the evening. Crazy.

I was also in Squamish, waking up to CBC Radio news reports of planes hitting the WTC towers, then of the collapses, and on... By the time I got out the door to head to the store, the sky overhead was full of great looping contrails of passenger jets stacked up waiting for a space to land at Vancouver.

Friend of mine was alone in her Cessna, flying from Calgary to Grande Prairie when a radio transmission announced that all North American airspace was closed, effective immediately, and that she had something like 20 minutes to land at the nearest airstrip, so she turned and headed for a small club field somewhere near Rocky Mountain House. No explanation, just an assurance that all would be made clear upon landing, and that failure to comply with the order to land could have dire consequences. She was pretty freaked out, trying to think what could possibly account for such a radio message, but none of her imaginings prepared her for the news she received upon landing.

I'm fairly certain that Off-White's post was tounge-in-cheek. Too bad you didn't get the joke.
I get OW's humor just fine. He leaves it up to the reader to decide whether or not he's using satire effectively. You, OTOH, blatantly state the candidate's attempt at singing a tribute is tasteless. That's an entirely different brand of "humor." You are being a douchebag about this anniversary in every conceivable way that you possibly can. Please give your bold attempts at humor a rest for just one fucking day, will ya?

I'm fairly certain that Off-White's post was tounge-in-cheek. Too bad you didn't get the joke.
I get OW's humor just fine. He leaves it up to the reader to decide whether or not he's using satire effectively. You, OTOH, blatantly state the candidate's attempt at singing a tribute is tasteless. That's an entirely different brand of "humor." You are being a douchebag about this anniversary in every conceivable way that you possibly can. Please give your bold attempts at humor a rest for just one fucking day, will ya?

Don't you get it, Sobo? He's assigning blame through sarcasm and changing the mf'ing world!