seattle transplant

bs.

after spending the last couple years traveling, i picked seattle when it came time to settle down and work again. my girlfriend and her 6yo daughter have been great climbing companions this summer, but now they have both started school and don't have as much time for recreational pursuits, so i am looking to meet more climbers.

my experience is primarily sport climbing (i lead up to .10b or so), but i just got my first set of stoppers and am committed to learning trad as well. i don't have any alpine climbing experience per se, but i love hauling my snowboard up steep, technical couloirs, and am interested in bringing the rope along on more splitboard tours this winter.

i'm hoping to find a partner interested in some longer multi-pitch climbs (or another climbing family). i have a vw van and am always happy to drive and camp. i like long days and early starts and getting away from the crowds. i typically work monday-thursday.

Ben.

sativa_oh@hotmail.com

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

i was about to write a new post when i remembered posting something here last year and dug up this old thread instead.

most of the original info is still true... i've had a great summer cragging with the family, but before the rain starts and i lose interest in things not snow related, i'd really like to get after some bigger objectives.

specifically, i'm looking for a partner for some of the longer sport climbs at goat wall in mazama. i'd also be interested in finding a partner with a rack and trying out some of the darrington routes. in fact i think i'm going exploring up there on friday (9/21) if anyone feels like climbing that day.

i have fri-sun free any weekend after this coming one, and could probably arrange to take other days off as necessary. i also climb at vertical world in the evenings and would be happy to meet up there prior to heading out on some big mission.

thanks!