North Face VE24

johnny

Yeah it is complete and in pretty good shape, it has not really seen that much use as the guy put it away wet and now it has the funk pretty bad and his wife won't sleep in it. No rot that I can see just a distinct essence.....nothing a good washing couldn't take care of. I was thinking of it more as a kid-proof family tent (I think an 8 year old could bounce off it with a running start!) I was thinking I'd buy it if he will take 100 for it.......... Thanks for the input and I will definately offer the beer!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's got the snow tunnels as well off the back two hexes it'd be worth 100 bucks for the thrill of slithering thru a snow tunnel, wouldn't it? Those are a feature modern tent manufacturers have ommited from their product line and THESE THINGS ROCK! I wish a tent company would get the tunnels back on serious mountain tents where they belong!

Beck, Yeah it does have the snow tunnels...To be honest I wasn't really sure what the hell they were but that is pretty cool! Thee only thing that bugs me is that there is no vestibule, just a pole supported awning that sticks out maybe 2 feet, what's up with that? High tech snow tunnels but no vestibule???? Perhaps there is a conspiracy of some sort......

Nope, the old VE-24 didn't have an integral 'bule, they sold add on vestis or I think you can find a REI Geodome or LLBean vesti that'll fit... Vestibules USED to be virtually unknown, you'd dive through the snow tunnel and that'd brush most of the snow off you. The way stoves used to be, not many people would've cooked in a vesti anyway! A big plus for us men, the snow tunnel allows for a quick "up on your knees " poke through the tunnel for midnight "dehydration drills"- don't even have to get all the way out of the tent!

That seems like a lot for such an old tent-- has it been used a lot? They do last for quite a while, but if it's taken a beating I think you'd be better off saving a few extra pennies and buying a new one. If he's willing to part with it for less than $100 it might be worth it, but don't be too surprised if the rainfly comes apart in a windstorm...

My 2 cents... Hope it helps.

On second thought, I'd probably drop the value down towards Backcountry's estimate... As long as the Schmidt's was cold...

[This message has been edited by Marcus (edited 08-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Marcus (edited 08-27-2001).]