Ice/Snow/Winter gear for CHEAP. Closet Cleanout!!!

Jon H

TO CONTACT ME, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING E-MAIL ADDRESS. NO PM'S PLEASE!

mrhutt - gmail - com

Ice season is coming up and I have waaaay too much gear. Looking to unload a bunch of this stuff for GREAT deals, much of it approaching dirtbag prices. It won't last long. All items are payable by Paypal and will ship within 2 days of sale. If you're an east coaster, local pickup in Northern NJ (or possibly NYC) can be arranged, as well as meeting up in the Gunks. Pics coming soon. Prices do not include shipping, unless otherwise specified on the small stuff.

Not really looking for any trades except perhaps some firearms/EDC stuff, which is my new hobby. E-mail for more info.

Buy a couple items, get discounted or free shipping. Buy a large amount of stuff or a natural set (Say Ice tools, boots, and crampons) for a discount.

HARDGOODS

- Black Diamond Viper Ice axes - one pair. SOLD SOLD Purchased in ~2006, they are the older silver version. Both hammers. Laser picks, very minimal use and filing. Light use on the axes, just don't need them with Cobras and Ergos. Both axes have Fangs (pinky rests) installed. Also comes with a spare laser pick. I have a pair of like-new Lockdown Leashes I'll also include for an extra $10 if you want them. $265 for both axes + shipping.

- 24" Omega Pacific Snow Picket, never used. $12 + shipping

- BD Trail trekking poles, Very lightly used. Going to something with carbon. They are pictured with powder baskets, but you will receive normal baskets. Retail is $115 IIRC, I'll sell these for $80 + shipping

g8y09l.jpg

- Black Diamond Sabertooth - Stainless version - SOLD SOLD Brand new, never used. Bought in March 2011 for a trip to Chamonix but never wound up taking them along. Brand, spanking new. $190 retail, I'll sell these for $130 + shipping

XyXBvl.jpg

- Petzl Reverso (original). Lightly used. SOLD SOLD $13 shipped.

- Zag Purist Light, 161cm. Measurements are 115-79-105. Ultra-light approach skis. Brand new in the plastic. Never been mounted. These come with a 2 year warranty as well. $225 + shipping

- G3 Alpinist skins, Not pictured. These are uncut, brand new in the box, sized to fit above skis. $89 shipped

6mLvgl.jpg

3pjAVl.jpg

- Yellow Wired Bliss TCU, just had new sling and cables factory installed. $29 shipped

mTQf1l.jpg

bLKezl.jpg

- Motorola T6500R two-way radios. SOLD SOLD Nearly new. Needs new batteries though. Comes with all original packaging and everything. These have a small bit of writing on them in silver sharpie on the battery cover. $19 shipped

SOFTGOODS - I will launder all garments prior to shipping!!

- ArcTeryx Atom LT, Size L. No hood. Color is brown, or "Teak" according to ArcTeryx. The pic looks a little purple, but its actually a nice earth brown. It was very lightly used over the winter and almost exclusively worn to/from work. I only wore it for one day of climbing and it was under my shell (so no wear and tear) and only while belaying (so no sweaty climbing). It's in excellent shape... no abrasion, damage, tears, pilling, etc. Paid retail $180 for it over the winter, looking to get $115 including shipping.

oQ9ztl.jpg

Marmot GoreTex XCR shell, Mens L, grey/blue, don't recall the name but it was their top of the line alpine shell (possibly "Alpinist"?) - no frills, only weighs 1lb, but with a great hood, pit zips, and fleece lined pockets and chin. About 3-4 years old, retails for $395. Has a 1" segment of seam tape coming loose above the right shoulder. If you're interested in the jacket, I'd be happy to mail it off to Marmot at my expense to have the tape re-glued and then shipped direct to you. $175 + shipping.

50R51l.jpg

Mountain Hardwear Alchemy Softshell - Mens L, blue/silver. In great shape, no real signs of wear. Awesome outer layer for brisk autumn climbs. $50 shipped

nn70Ol.jpg

Timberland synthetic insulated jacket Mens L but fits closer to an XL. It's nice, but just a cheap insulation piece for beating around camp, i wouldn't ask more than $15 for it. It's a beater jacket for chopping wood, or a true dirtbags lightweight Arcteryx Atom. Take it for $15 shipped.

RiLVPl.jpg

Columbia Ski Shells Used for a couple seasons. Size XL. I'm 6'2" and they fit me kind of steezy. A Large would have been better, but the baggy fit is good for picking up snowboarder chicks. These have microfleece insulation under the butt and zippered thigh vents. A little bit of dirt from late-season mud skiing. A couple small tears down by the ankles from ski edges. Nice, cost effective ski pant. $18 shipped

lKugNl.jpg

Red Ledge 20K waterproof/breathable bibs with full side zip. SOLD SOLD Men's L. Black. Nice pair of inexpensive bibs, no idea on the model name. Got them in an online trade but they don't fit me. I have enormous quads from years of bike racing, they're a bit snug on me around the thighs. They should be fine for anyone with normal-people thighs. No damage of any sort. Maybe 2 days of wear on them. $49 shipped

ZJx6Jl.jpg

No name shell jacket - Bought this years ago. Never worn it once. Size XL. Has a stowable hood, a kangaroo pocket, and a 3/4 zip for ventilation. Probably not 100% waterproof. Yours for $30 shipped.

yUIGJl.jpg

- Mammut Focus Harness, size L. SOLD SOLD Lightly used. Fits waist size 33" and larger (up to about a 40-42). Got it from a friend who bought it for his first climbing trip but never climbed again. I used it for 6 months but I'm right on the cusp of a 33" waist and every time I drop a couple lbs, it gets too big. It's got 4 gear loops, drop seat, fairly compact, great for alpine/trad/sport/etc - a solid all around harness, just too big for me. $25 shipped.

5SVfOl.jpg

- Dakine Sequence photo pack - Used for maybe 10 outings. It has a couple scuffs but that's it. Great ski/snowboard pack with padded camera case as well. Carries skis on the diagonal. The ski loop was large enough to fit my fat pow skis with a 145mm tail. Carries a professional SLR body (1Ds Mark2) with a 70-200 attached, 24-70, 16-35, 3 pocket wizards and 3 flashes. It has a couple scuffs but is otherwise in excellent shape. No tears or rips or anything like that. I would trade this for a smaller photo shoulder bag. Retail is $160, I'm looking for $110 plus shipping.

vBycdl.jpg

GCLIWl.jpg

BOOTS

- La Sportiva Nuptse Boots, size 45.5, very light use. They probably have 5-6 days of use on them. No damage, no crampon holes, etc. They come with aftermarket footbeds. Feel free to use them or toss them out and put in your own. I have a standard 11.5 foot on the Brannock Scale (metal thing in shoe stores), normal width, but substantial bone spurs sticking out to the sides behind each pinky toe, that push my foot width out quite a bit. "Adducted fifth metatarsals," if you know anything about feet. Some people call them a "sixth toe" I think. These boots are a tiny bit snug in the toebox for me, but perfect length. These would probably fit any normal width 11.5 foot just right or maybe a wide 11. These have kept my feet nice and warm standing around belaying in 5 degree temps and I normally get cold feet. If I was wearing Nepal Evos in those conditions I probably would have had numb toes for 2 weeks. $199 shipped. These are the boots Steve House used on the Rupal Face of Nanga Parbat... one the biggest, baddest alpine climbs ever done, period.

BjFkW.jpg

LzEtf.jpg

- MadRock Alpinist, 11 .5, - Nearly new. Fit perfectly true to size, slightly higher volume boot. These boots are a great way to get into ice climbing at a minimal cost. The stock footbeds were TERRIBLE and had pressure points by the toe. I have Superfeet installed in mine OVER the stock footbeds and now they fit great. I will include the Superfeet for an additional $20. Otherwise I highly recommend you plan on getting your own. $89 + shipping

52jjkl.jpg

Edited by Jon H

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic