frankstoneline

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Chris and others,

Just got back from the trip. picked up a copy of the bigfoot country guide (for future reference in case someone searches get at me and i'll pass it on).

Poked around at moonstone beach a bit and tried a couple times to find crags in the hills inland from the coast though the guide proved pretty useless and i'm fairly certain at least one of the approach descriptions was quite a ways off. Next time I'll have to work a bit harder to find someone with some experience there.

• 2 weeks later...

I hear you - I spent a lot of time climbing around Arcata while my then-girl friend was doing a clinical rotation on the Hoopa reservation. We didn't have too much trouble finding the goods, but it was always further than we expected.

What I was surprised with was the cost for the guidebook. They wanted - and get - a lot of money for what was essentially a staple-back.

So if anyone would like a previous edition for less than retail, let me know.

I hear you - I spent a lot of time climbing around Arcata while my then-girl friend was doing a clinical rotation on the Hoopa reservation. We didn't have too much trouble finding the goods, but it was always further than we expected.

What I was surprised with was the cost for the guidebook. They wanted - and get - a lot of money for what was essentially a staple-back.

So if anyone would like a previous edition for less than retail, let me know.

The guide cost me almost as much as the new red rocks guide, which is gorgeous, as i said before, mine is up for grabs if anyone else is looking to head down to nor cal.