Baker, North Ridge

CC888

Ok, hit me up if you know anyone who'd like to climb this classic route. I'd like to head down the Roman Wall. I can do it any day of the week so long as I have a little notice.

Don't be shy, come on, you know you want to do it, just contact me.....

marmot18@hotmail.com

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

the Coleman-Deming route?

I'd be up for it ...if you're willing to take on an inexperienced climber. I've been looking for guided trips/training (in early Sept) so I can get some solid training under my belt, but would be happy to save on cost if you're willing to do some training. Also most of the schools shut down mid-August.

I'm an experienced backpacker, in good shape, and dying to get myself up that peak. Probably another w/experience would serve us well.

I think others have posted that route over the past few days. I was refering to the Roman Wall as a way down. I will be going up the north side, which is steeper and would be better if you have at least some knowledge of placing protection and maybe using a pick of sorts in each hand due to this steepness. You should also be used to belay techs and have practiced front point tech w your crampons. I'd say it may be better to start on something else. If I have misunderstood you, sorry, please correct me. The Coleman is fun too, some really cool views on a good day. There are plenty of courses to choose from, club and AMGA, so if you want help finding a good match let me know.

Thank you