Tumwater Bridge Replacement Project

olyclimber

This is very old news to the locals and isn't an "access issue" per se, but this past weekend I noticed that a bridge replacement project is underway in the Tumwater.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/us2/wenatcheeriverbridge/

Interesting to note that the existing bridge was built in 1900 and was originally a railroad bridge.

Has anyone tried to access the "free" campsite just up the road from the bridge? Looks like there is construction right across it right now.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an FYI in case you were planning on coming this weekend. Highway 2 is currently closed because of a wildfire from Cole's corner to Leavenworth. You can still access the Icicle, but you have to detour through Plain. Were it not for the fire, you could still access said free camping just north of the bridge. I heard on the radio about an hour ago that it is not expected to open tomorrow. Also of note is that there is no take out available for boaters at the Hwy. 2 bridge over the Wenatchee. Not sure when that will be worked out, but you can still take out river left along the highway before getting into the hard rapids. I know this is about climbing, but i know alot of climbers spend time on the river. Hope this helps.