Eli at Beacon

beaconben

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally cute, Ben. Just a heads up that stuff does come down directly on the base of 'Rhythm Method'. While working on 'Menopause' I've cleaned up the whole base area one day and come back a week later to find new stuff down there.

:noway: I'm going to need to start wearing a helmet there? My son and I did a lap last weekend up that one to finish the (early) day. Are you going to finish that route before Eli becomes an adult Joseph?

Ben, I have a great place to show you for Eli and Archer to do laps. Remind me next time we see each other.

It seems that Giant's Staircase at Broughton Bluff would be a good climb for kids. Straight line, rockfall seems very unlikely, clean, brand new anchor, and setting up a TR is a cinch if you don't have a belayer. It's not that tall but I bet a lot of kids would consider that a plus.

Chad

Are you going to finish that route before Eli becomes an adult Joseph?

Look, I know we're not friends, and you don't care for the way I do things, and we're in a back and forth argument about shit. But to quote James Coburn in Payback - "Man, that's just MEAN..."

I was kidding. Had the first season with lots of folks up to the high anchor, second with Shane tackling the biggest roof. Third season (last year) Shane went to Boulder / San Fran and I both never found anyone I felt comfortable going up there with and didn't get in quite good enough shape to do it before it started raining. Shane's is busy building a house now and I've yet found anyone else I'd be willing to go up on that pitch with besides him or Karsten.

Trying to get in shape to give it another go this year - may or may not happen. Turn sixty next summer and may try to do the Diamond after having being invited out by Jim Detterline when he was at Beacon. If that happens I'll also try to wrap it up then if it doesn't happen this year. After that? Screw it, I'm getting to old for this shit.

• 4 weeks later...