Why's it so hard to find Rainier partners?

TheNumberNine

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you wanted to meet up some time earlier and go over some Crevasse Rescue skills before we headed over to Rainier I'd be down to climb in September. If we have several people in the climbing leaders that knew crevasse Rescue, we could probably skip that portion.

I'm pretty good with crevasse rescue... Had to set up some z pulleys on Denali back in June. We could definitely go over it. I'm thinking I'd like to try to do a single push climb... sounds fun. Two days max.

trying to get some climbs planned for Rainier and Baker - but having to work around my kid's football schedule, then school and also work out dates with some guys from out of town who might also be interested in doing Denali next May/June. Right now I'm thinking Sept 15-16 DC route on Rainier and then Sept 19-21 doing Baker. Email me if you guys are interested. I could also do a Rainier climb perhaps Aug 26-27 or Sept 2-3. I'm fine with crevasse rescue etc but prefer 3-4 person teams. Also prefer camping at Ingraham Flats instead of Muir. Email me with potential dates and we'll see what we can work out. Gardner@coldkerins.com, 425-276-5593. And yeah, even though DC is a "dog route" - I still enjoy the challenge. I'd be up for something more with some guys with more experience.

If you wanted to meet up some time earlier and go over some Crevasse Rescue skills before we headed over to Rainier I'd be down to climb in September. If we have several people in the climbing leaders that knew crevasse Rescue, we could probably skip that portion.

I'm pretty good with crevasse rescue... Had to set up some z pulleys on Denali back in June. We could definitely go over it. I'm thinking I'd like to try to do a single push climb... sounds fun. Two days max.

That sounds awesome. I would be down for a 2 day car to car summit climb. My schedule only works for weekdays Monday-Thursday.

Yes I too want to summit Rainier. I am a strong climber who would be willing to do it in two days. I was thinking this wed or thursday. The weather looks good, if not I can do it the 24th - 26th of August. My names Jordan, just give me a call or emial; 206-915-3796, halas_jordan_4414@yahoo.com

I'm interested as well.

I have Friday, 8/19 off already and my climb for that day fell through. I'd be down to do it in a single day push or maybe head up after work Thursday night and summit Friday or more relaxed Friday-Saturday trip.

Really don't want to take more than 2-days to do it.

Alternatively, I'd be down to go 9/16-18.

I have glacier experience and know how to setup a z-pulley system. Prefer to go with a 3-person rope team, but would consider going with 1 other person if really experienced.

Send me a PM if either of those dates work for you!

I want to join a group of 2+ people for this weekend 08/13-14 (can leave Seattle Friday after 5pm) - I can go fast pace, but don't have crevasse rescue skills. Want to go in two days, any not technical route.

If someone needs a Baker partner (car to car or two days trip) - I am opened for this too.

Edited by Nevtrik

I would love to summit Rainier (or Glacier Peak?) sometime Sept 4-15. However, I too lack the necessary crevasse skills, and overall have done minimal climbing. Plenty of hiking, and some backcountry skiiing.

Probably some real training would benefit me -- can anyone recommend an affordable way to go about that? Or, I'd be glad to compensate anyone for "private lessons" if you're willing to take on someone w/less experience.