This is a test of my offensive Avatar Image

Necronomicon

quote:

Originally posted by RopeGunHooker:

Dr Flash Amazing,

You are an idiot. I think it's great that we stormtroop places like Afghanistan. Maybe you should have been the sole target of the airplane attacks last September. It is and always will be inevitable that innocent citizens will perish during war time. To act like it is the intention of the troops out there or blame it on them is a gross overstatement. Get real jackass.

First of all, numbnuts, Dr. Flash Amazing never said anything about the troops actually liking to kill, nor does he blame them for wars. If you got that from what DFA wrote before, you misconstrued what he was saying.

Secondly, if it's inevitable that civilians will die in war, and the terrorist attacks of 9/11 were an act of war, then why are you so pissed off about it? By your logic, the lives lost are just collateral damage, right? It would seem that your bellicose attitude relies on the severely misguided assumption that American lives are somehow inherently more valuable than other civilians' lives, which, in the opinion of this Doctor, is fucked.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Heinouscling:

Do you want your life dictated by islamic fundamentalists? If not, then the anti-war activists out there need to shut that fucking hole in their head called a mouth and realize that war is sometimes necessary to preserve a way of life. And yes, I did serve six years in the U.S. Navy and I did help to scoop up body parts off the USS Stark after it was hit by an Iraqi anti-ship missile back in 1987.

-Heinous

Your argument goes wrong in failing to look at the situation from more sides than just one, i.e. America's. The terrorists who killed so many innocent people on 9/11 saw their way of life threatened somehow, and engaged in an act of war to preserve their way of life. So is that understandable and OK? Or is war only OK when America is pulling the trigger? Please clarify.

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

Your argument goes wrong in failing to look at the situation from more sides than just one, i.e. America's. The terrorists who killed so many innocent people on 9/11 saw their way of life threatened somehow, and engaged in an act of war to preserve their way of life.

Flashboy;

Who said that we have to look at the situation from any other side than ours? Did we look at the side of the Japanese in '41? In 1942 did we look at the "other" side when we committed to war with Germany? Maybe the Jews WERE a threat to the German way of life; we could have realized this if we stopped to look at the "other" side.

You are wrong in your assumption that the terrorists "saw their way of life threatened." Their goal is to EXPAND their way of life by DESTROYING ours. THAT is the reason this act of war was perpetrated on innocent citizens of our country. Regarding your "collateral damage" question. The people murdered in the World Trade Center attack were not "collateral" (i.e., secondary); they were the primary target.

Ask yourself if you are willing to fight for what you have and defend your way of life.

Greg

quote:

Originally posted by RobBob:

Uncle T, TV is one of the major reasons why that part of the world has gotten so worked up! TV beams our western culture into their homes and to their kids...Islamists alternately are offended by and jealous of what TV shows them of the western world.

I am not so sure about this. I am not so sure that they are jelous. This asumes that everyone wants to grow up and be like you. If this were the case the solution would be simple. we could find a way to see to it that every family had a car a home and food to eat. That is relativly easy compared to trying to find commen ground in religion

Okay, Gag W; correct DFA if he's wrong (like the Doctor has to ask), but:

Bill Gates: oops, forgot to think [Roll Eyes]

The Kennedys: Don't own any media outlets

Ted Turner: Might own some media outlets ( [laf] )

Most of Hollywood: Fictional media, plus how many movie studios are owned by larger interests?

You may be right that there are rich left-leaning individuals out there, but the Doctor would bet ducats to donuts that the conservative/rightie rich guys outweigh the lefties by a healthy margin. After all, isn't it the Republicans usually saving the fat cats from those evil taxes?

[ 09-16-2002, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Dr Flash Amazing ]

Isnt Ted Turner the partial owner and big influences he might have on Cnn and Time Warner? or is that some other dork?

MSNBC isnt this some sort of deal with Microsoft? Isnt bill gates a microsofter?

Kennedys dont need to own the media. The media is very happy to follow these people around and report any action they make including taking a piss in the woods.

[ 09-16-2002, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

If the "media" gave us actual information we could make up our own minds about things. Untill that happens it does not matter wich SIDE the misinformation comes from, it is still misinformation. EVERYONE HERE NEEDS TO DROP EVERY THING AND READ THE ILLUMINATIS (sp) TRILLOGY.

nothing is what it seems [Wink]

Spray is fun. I'm all for Machiavellian solutions, including war, assuming they work.

"war, adventure, hunting, dancing....all involve vigorous, free, joyful activity." (Nietzsche)

"one should never allow chaos to develop in order to avoid going to war, because one does not avoid a war but instead puts it off to his disadvantage." (Machiavelli)

"you may not ber interested in war, but war is interested in you." (Trotsky)

"Kennedys dont need to own the media. The media is very happy to follow these people around and report any action they make including taking a piss in the woods."

This is really one of the saddest things about mass media, and probably something both right and left can agree on, i.e. that so much "news" is worthless, spineless drivel. By the time they're done covering the weather in exhaustive detail, covering a couple feel-good fluff pieces, and covering the sports highlights, there's precious little news on the average news broadcast.

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

quote:

Originally posted by Necronomicon:

What do you think of my offensive avatar image?

I like Bush, what's your point?

Trask, you are by nature offensive, and it stands to reason that you'd like that no-good cretin.

[Moon][Razz]
Fuck you, Dr. Flush. I like both Trask and Bush

quote:

Originally posted by sk:

If the "media" gave us actual information we could make up our own minds about things. Untill that happens it does not matter wich SIDE the misinformation comes from, it is still misinformation. EVERYONE HERE NEEDS TO DROP EVERY THING AND READ THE ILLUMINATIS (sp) TRILLOGY.

nothing is what it seems
[Wink]

fnord [Wink]