Weekend Trips during month of August

RNSDC

Hey there,

I'm heading to WA from the East Coast for the month of August on business, and am looking to get out in the Cascades for quick weekend trips (Fri night or early Sat to Sunday night). I would be particularly interested in Shuksan, Eldorado or other N Cascades peaks. I've got glacier travel and crevasse rescue experience through courses/guided ascents in the NW, have been up Baker via the south, and recently put in an attempt on the Kautz (bad weather). Can follow on easy rock, and have some ice climbing experience. Anybody interested? I'd love to get out in the mountains while I'm in town! Aug 12-14, Aug 19-21, or Aug 26-28? Shoot me a message!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested in Shuksan or Eldorado on Aug. 26-28 depending on my Rainier trip the previous weekend (meaning its not postponed due to bad weather). I'm in your same boat with being out here on business for a few months (have car and most gear).

I'd be interested in Shuksan or similar. I could do something this weekend (i'm staffed up here on work thru the end of the year).

I've been climbing 3 years and have climbed Ruth Mountain, Eldorado, and Emmons on Rainier unguided, and Baker and Silver Star guided in a course. Can also lead easy/moderate alpine rock.

Shoot me a PM if interested. I'd also be interested in discussing other dates but really want to do something this weekend.

Thanks all for reaching out. I hadnt really heard from anyone about the 20th - 21st weekend, so i ended up hiring a guide for a private climb of baker's north ridge. But I am still looking to get out with someone on aug 26 - 28 if possible... Would love to do shuksan via fisher chimney, rainier via the Kautz, or any other cool and interesting climbs in the area...