***FS Mt Hardware EV-2 Tent ***

KEN LARSON

The year 2000 when I was going to use the tent I was dx with multiple myeloma cancer. My past & present cancer treatments have eliminated any future expedition climbing for me and a need for the tent. Made up my mind I must see that the tent needs a “home" where the tent can be used.

>>>>Tent and was used ONCE, is in new condition and was stored in a dry environment.<<<<

Capture2.JPG

Overview

The Mountain Hardwear EV2 is loaded with high tech materials and design: strong Atlas Scandium SL pole set with new floating connectors, low-stretch VX-O2 panels follow pole lines and reinforce side panel tie outs. The idea is that together they create a strong truss-like system to support the tent in high winds and heavy snow loads. The main canopy is a waterproof/breathable, fire-retardant (nice!), pre-stretched polyester.

The EV2 may be the lightest two-person, three-pole mountaineering/expedition tent on the market. Many new high tech (and expensive) materials contribute to weight savings. The EV2, even with its few flaws, is our first choice for a fast and light ascent tent. The Atlas Scandium SL poles and low-stretch reinforcing panels on the canopy create a surprisingly solid structure for the weight. Five vents and the waterproof/breathable, fire retardant canopy fabric do a credible job of managing condensation. The EV2 is one of the easiest tents we've pitched, mountain or otherwise. With the built-in vestibule, we found the tent had more than enough room for us and our gear to comfortably wait out a day long Patagonian storm of high winds with horizontal rain, sleet, and snow.

In Brief

• Just over 5 lbs with vestibule - possibly the lightest tent in its class

• Roomy for a two-person mountaineering tent with good area to weight ratio

• Easy and extremely fast to pitch with exoskeleton poles and clip attachments

• Strong, light Atlas Scandium SL poles with field serviceable floating connectors

• High tech fabric/design: low stretch structural panels follow pole/stress lines. Fire retardant waterproof/breathable canopy fabric of pre-stretched polyester (meets fire resistant code for tents!)

• Five vents and waterproof/breathable canopy fabric provide good condensation resistance for a single walled tent

• We were unable to get a completely taut canopy pitch

• Less resistant to heavy snow loads than heavier four-pole mountaineering tents (especially true with the older Easton pole set)

Capture.JPG

I am including the Mountain Hardware EV-2 foot print as an EXTRA.

YOURS for $500.00 shipped FREE in CONUS

Pay Pal Paypal Personal Payment or USPS Money Order

For further information or communications through my email:

kenlarson40@chartermi.net

Edited by KEN LARSON

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

PRICE LOWERED TO:

****$440 shipped USPS within CONUS with Delivery Confirmation****

OR

(- - - BEST OFFER and WILLING TO DEAL - - -)

Pay Pal Paypal Personal Payment or USPS Money Order

For further information or communications through my email:

kenlarson40@chartermi.net

Edited by KEN LARSON

• 2 weeks later...