Baker partners for August 15-19?

schroden

Interested in a climb on Baker. Will be in Seattle area for the week, and would be happy to join up for a climb, with or without a night on the mountain.

Have climbed 11 14,000 foot mountains, LOTS of snow experience, including Whitney mountaineer's route on steep snow. Need partner(s) for glaciers.

Allan

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just reviewed Summit Post routes, and think that Easton glacier, Squak glacier, or possibly Boulder glacier routes look good. I often climb on routes rather then established trails, and class 3 scrambling is fun, but have not been on vertical ice.

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

I am interested in climbing Baker this weekend. I live about an hour and a half away on Whidbey Island. I have plenty of glacier and crevasse rescue experience. I haven't done Baker yet but have done Rainier twice, once last month.

I have all my own gear, stove, 2-person tent but I do not have a rope. I am in great shape and won't slow you down.

Tony

502-432-3316

Sorry for the delay in responding to those who would climb with me. My apologies! Will do better next time!

I snagged a Mount St. Helens pass for Monday, and then climbed Adams Tuesday/Wednesday. Great climbs and perfect weather, if a bit windy. Clear skies and could see from the sisters all the way past Baker.

Will try again next summer when we are out to visit.

Allan