So where will Kurt Smith climb when he comes to the PacNW?

Thinker

The guy has a pretty impressive resume and has been antivist in the climbing community. How is admiring him any different than any other famous and hard climbers? Is it because he's drilled a few bolts?

The fact that he is taking time out of his life to come support an event at a place like FC says a lot.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got no beef wit smitty. I just hink he's about as funny as Dru.

Tell em to work on free access to the mountain parking areas [Wink] Kill NW Forest Parking Passes.

PS I got some leftover Die forest pass stickers around. Shoot me an email and I will give my address if it aint fishy looking and you send a 3* cent stamped envelope and get one free. I only think I have about 20 left though.

that reminds me of a joke....

a trask is takin a leak one morning and he notices a red circle on his member...freakin out he calls dr flash amazing and sets an emergancy appointment.

getting there the doc inspects trask...hmms and haws...and goes no problem...gets out some stuff and takes care of it. doc goes that will be $15. trask pays the good doc, relieved that it was nothing serious.

a couple days later trask is takin another leak and sees a brown circle on his member. this time he is a bit more freaked out. calls the doc in a bit of a tirade. sayin he didnt fix him and that there is now a brown circle on his member. dr flash amazing tell him to come in immediatly. so when trask gets there, the doc takes a look...hmms and haws some more and then takes care of it. dr flash amazing goes that will be $20. trask goes wtf man? last time you only charged me $15. the good docs reply........

lipstick is easier to take off then chewin tabaccy!!!!

[laf]

[ 09-04-2002, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: erik ]

This is RURP:

That guy said:

"RURP...you're bein' a bird beak tool on this...Kurt Smith has put up some pretty wild/dangerous trad routes in his day..."

Big Deal....so have a lot of guys. Groupies, I say.

RURP has spoken

Whatever big-wall-tool...my comment was based on your sporto comment from your first post...

I predict you will not be able to ignore me for long mister sport wanker [Roll Eyes] Your hero Kurt is a sissy that felt the need to power drill on El Capitan. It's a good thing he was jailed for it too. Someone should do the world a favor and blow this Dr Flash Unamazing's brains out.

Mr. 666,

Shut the fuck up assmunch!! Already established climb? Not as a free climb, tool...You are weak in your logic and probably in life...

Much of the aid version of that route was on hooks and other shenanigans that a free climber wouldn't be able to use for protection as it was only good enough to move on...Mr. Smith would crush you on runout free climbing as would Mr. Cosgrove...and no, I'm not his "but" buddy as I've never met the guy...

What exactly have you done to give you the right to smack talk about someone anonymously????? And what's w/ the stupid ass 666 crap? Does that make you a bad ass?? I think a dumbass is more likely

RuMR you say that Kurt Smith would crush me free climbing. Maybe not eh!

If they could not free it like the Hubers, Lynn Hill, and Tommy Caldwell they should have aided it or found another line. Power drilling on El Capitan is agains the law and bad practice. Like I said before chump, a climbing resume is not something to make illegal and acts of desecration "okay".

Well then, would it have been ok if they would've installed the bolts by hand drilling? If that's ok, then i don't understand what the commotion is about...power drilling is DRILLING, so is hand drilling...What's the difference? The law? Fuck that...there's been stupid laws before and there will be stupid laws after...just because its a law doesn't mean its right...Now, if it could potentially get climbing shut down in the valley, i'd have a problem w/ it...but i don't think that would ever happen...

and i still stand by my statement that cosgrove and smith would crush YOU on runout free climbing...you got a counter to that? Let's hear it...

RuMR we all know you are a sport monkey like DFA and SC [Roll Eyes]

If it is established don't change it. If it's illegal to drill with power drills don't do it. Your "hero" is a wanker and that's that.

As far as climbing is I can outclimb any of your asses if you want to stand up to the challenge. So shut up pussies. [laf][Moon]