[TR] Zermatt, Switzerland - Spaghetti Traverse ~ Italian Haute Route 7/21/2011

Trip: Zermatt, Switzerland - Spaghetti Traverse ~ Italian Haute Route

Date: 7/21/2011

Trip Report:

I just finished an attempt to do the Spaghetti Traverse, which is also known as the Italian Haute Route. The weather in the alps has been a bit wet this summer and we were unable to connect it all, but we did get in some great climbing. I am coming back in two weeks to try again and will post details if we make it. This is a super amazing route with a ton of moderate climbing and the potential to climb 10-12 4000 meter peaks in 4 or 5 days.

Link to trip report is: http://mountainschool.blogspot.com/2011/07/zermatt-climbing-trip-report-july-15-20.html

All best-

John Race

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John, thanks for sharing. It brought back great memories of my trip in 2005. Sorry you didn't get to summit Monte Rosa. The weather can be pretty fickle there...it prevented me from getting the Matterhorn and Lyskamm. The Spaghetti Traverse is certainly a peak baggers dream in an amazingly beautiful area. How was the new Monte Rosa hut? The old one was the worst nights sleep I ever had in the Alps! Good luck with your next try!