Anyone heading to Rainier this weekend?

I'm currently signed up for a 4-day summit climb with RMI. The summit day is set for Wednesday, which is looking pretty foul weather-wise. I'm going to see how far our group gets, but in the case we don't summit, I am hoping to hang around and retry once the weather clears up (which looks like this weekend) and reattempt with an independent group and am looking here for possible partners.

I've come to Washington all the way from New Mexico for my second attempt with RMI. Last September my group turned due to avalanche danger. This year I am hard-pressed to reach the summit before returning home.

I have decent experience. In addition to a 5-day summit climb with RMI last year, I did a NOLS mountaineering course three years ago, I have climbed many Colorado 14ers and reached the summits of Hood and Adam last week.

If anyone is climbing Rainier this weekend and is planning on ascending the Disappointment Cleaver route, and has a spot in a rope team, I'd love to hear from you.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic