July 27-31 Redoubt & Spickard

SummitTurtle

I have July 27-31 off work and want to go climb Redoubt and Spickard from the Depot Creek approach. The trip will take 4-5 days (I'm open to either a 4 or 5 day trip. Three is possible but will be really rough). There's glacier travel so I'd like at least one other person to go with so I can rope up (yes, I travel with others for selfish reasons =).

The approach means going into Canada so I need a partner with a valid passport. If you have a truck/SUV/high-clearance vehicle that's a plus too as the road gets crappy at the end. If not, I have no problem taking "the mountain car" ('01 Lumina sedan) as far as it will go and hiking the rest.

If you're up for true remoteness, this is the climb for you! Send me an email. Awesome times await.

-Jeff

PS, if the weather/conditions aren't workable for Redoubt/Spickard, I'm thinking of using the Pasaytens as a back-up plan. I have some unfinished business with those mountains.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic