Enchantments Permit Friday (TOMORROW) thru Sunday

cja

...for Colchuck Zone.

It can be picked up tonight (and that is my plan) from the drop box. My group fell apart and I'm looking for a partner or two (permit is for 3 total). I'm coming from Portland. Ideal would be to find someone to share driving, but could meet in Leavenworth Friday morn...or even at Colchuck Lake on Friday night or Saturday, I reckon.

Perhaps you're already planning a fast trip in a day and want to consider camping and making it a whole weekend. Perhaps you're just seeing this, have not other plans, and will jump at the opportunity.

My plan is to go, alone or otherwise, camp at Colchuck Lake Fri/Sat nights, exploring or relaxing Fri afternoon as time permits, and going up one of the cols or Aasgard on Sat, could hike the lakes, go towar Prusik, climb Dragontail/other. Hike out and drive home on Sunday.

I backpacked the Enchantments Traverse with girlfriend last weekend, and conditions are good. Navigation/travel/temps are just about ideal, but down at Colchuck Lake, unfortunately, conditions are also ideal for mosquitoes.

I have resources (Beckey and one other) on routes up the sourrounding peaks. I won't be packing more than ax/crampons though unless I hear from someone. For the record I could lead a easier/moderate rock route confidently. I am NOT a guide. Last weekend was my first time in the area. I would be stoked to follow/swing leads with someone very familiar with routes there up to 5.10d if I'm following the harder pitches.

Let me know if you're intrigued. 503.789.7127. Call because I'm unlikely to see responses.

If you have no interest in playing with strangers but badly covet the permit for 3, call and we'll talk (It would have to be picked up before 7am under cloak of night). Getting reimbursed for the permits and not paying for gas/driving by myself would be a fair alternative to doing it all alone.

Cheers,

Chris

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic