Voting GOP next year?...

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's ironic, all that social conservatism out there right now in the GOP; they believe in life and liberty, but only as it applies to their own personal values. Hell-bent on legislating their own form of rigid christian moralism under the guise of "freedom," their intolerant, overbearing and puritanical ways betray the very principles they pretend to stand for.

How could any rational person call themselves a Republican right now?

Did you know that under slavery (which was a regrettable institution) more black children lived in 2-parent homes than today when we have an African American president? TRUE STORY!!

How is that relevant to anything?

It's ironic, all that social conservatism out there right now in the GOP; they believe in life and liberty, but only as it applies to their own personal values. Hell-bent on legislating their own form of rigid christian moralism under the guise of "freedom," their intolerant, overbearing and puritanical ways betray the very principles they pretend to stand for.

Did you know that under slavery (which was a regrettable institution) more black children lived in 2-parent homes than today when we have an African American president? TRUE STORY!!

Answer 1: "Exactly!"

Answer 2: "Ummm can you click and read?"

Answer 3: "STFU, boner"

Cool, it didn't take long for the latest racist meme from the Karl Rove and his Skinnerboxians to make it's way to cc.

I bet I could sell Karl a performance-based compensation system that monitors the spread of his memes from inception to blogs and forums and he would get paid by both the speed and breadth of penetration. Ya gotta admire him for always finding lowest common [social] denominator to rally the republicans around election after election.

Man, if that isn't hook, line, and sinker - and they swim straight into the net as well...

Economic policy on the Right is dominated by economic liberalism and market fundamentalism. This has also been the case with the Democrat Party starting with Carter, continuing unabated since Clinton's "triangulation". That the GOP practices a more extreme brand of laissez-faire capitalism is what keeps people like Jay_B coming back to them, despite the efforts of the socially conservative wing to impose Christian sharia law. The GOP's Faustian bid with social conservatives, beginning with Reagan's courting of Falwell and the Moral Majority, is essentially a way to maintain electoral support amongst populations who're being fucked over by their economic policies. At this point, the GOP is facing an enormous crisis: on the one hand the rising inequalities in wealth and power, crumbling institutions, financial crises, reliance on unsustainable bubbles to maintain economic growth, debt, etc. that are the enduring legacy of economic liberalism (Reaganomics, trickle-down, supply-side, neoliberalism) are plain to see but they've no alternative to the tax-cut, deregulation, privatization paradigm they've been (up to now) successfully peddling. On the other, demographic shifts and cultural progress has outstripped the angry Christian white-man narrative employed since Nixon's reactionary "silent majority" movement and now threatens electoral aims. The resulting confusion has widened the schisms within the GOP (David Brooks vs. Ron Paul), but luckily for the corporations and the wealthy, the gangbangsters and the cops, the Democrats have proven more than willing to cleave to the status quo.

Edited by prole

Cool, it didn't take long for the latest racist meme from the Karl Rove and his Skinnerboxians to make it's way to cc. I bet I could sell Karl a performance-based compensation system that monitors the spread of his memes from inception to blogs and forums and he would get paid by both the speed and breadth of penetration.

1 pt for using "meme" but you blew the opportunity to include "narrative". Shame on you for dropping the ball on libtard lexicon-usage comprehensiveness!

Answer 1: "Exactly!"

Answer 2: "Ummm can you click and read?"

Answer 3: "STFU, boner"

You get zero points for being original. :ass:

and you'd be an expert in social engineering - bread and butter for your political persuasion!

That would be James Carville on our side of the fence, but then Karl came along and made Carville's republican wife Mary Matalin look like Shirley Temple. No one, and I mean no one plays their suckers - oops, base - better than Rove & Co.

Fine, no memes so let Rove and krew go back to using Willy Horton then. It was good enough to scare our parents to vote repub so it should be good enough for us. No need for any complex trickery here.

For "our parents" - give me a break, gramps.

Driving around in a tank, looking like a total douche out of water doesn't help much either.

Fine, no memes so let Rove and krew go back to using Willy Horton then. It was good enough to scare our parents to vote repub so it should be good enough for us. No need for any complex trickery here.

Driving around in a tank, looking like a total douche out of water doesn't help much either.

Here's lookin' at you!

Michael_Dukakis_in_tank.jpg

Here's lookin' at you!

Michael_Dukakis_in_tank.jpg

Holy crap... I didn't know Mike D was a Mountie. I bet he has shorts over polypro too.

I wasn't going to vote for the GOP until I got this in my inbox.

Thanks Grandpa!

[font:Comic Sans MS]There is a relatively new terminology in the cyber world called, 'going viral'. It's when an email gets blasted around so much, everyone seems to know about it. This email is a true candidate to go viral.. Pass it on-and on-and on![/font]

holocaustobama.jpg