The Enchantments - 7/15-17 - seeking partner

gabrielle

I'm returning to climbing after a broken toe...not sure what it's up for but I'm going in to explore. Leaving Portland around mid-morning Friday July 15 to grab permits at the ranger station, maybe hike into Colchuck Lake Friday, unless I opt for coming in from snow creek. Let me know if you're interested.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gabrielle, or anyone else: FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION!

I have a permit for Colchuck Zone for 3 starting tomorrow (Friday), for 3 days, out on Sunday. I'm in Portland and due to my poor planning my group has fallen apart--I am now solo and have room for one or two more people.

You're very unlikely to get a permit on Friday if you're not there at 745am, and even then only one day-of permit is given out for each zone, and Fridays are popular; I just verified this on the phone with Ranger office.

I have to claim my permit by 9am tomorrow (Fri 7/15), and just called a little while ago to arrange to pick it up tonight from a box.

Let me know if you care to discuss more. 503.789.7127

My plan is to go, alone or otherwise, camp at Colchuck Lake Fri/Sat nights, exploring or relaxing Fri afternoon as time permit, and going up one of the cols or Aasgard on Sat, could hike the lakes, or climb Dragontail/other. Hike out and drive home on Sunday.

For the record I backpacked the Enchantments Traverse with girlfriend last weekend, and conditions are good. Navigation/travel/temps are just about ideal, but down at Colchuck Lake, unfortunately, conditions are also ideal for mosquitoes.

Cheers,

Chris