Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • olyclimber


      We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  

Rainier Options?

Recommended Posts

Looking for a little noob advice. I did a trip up Rainier with RMI late June. We got turned around at 12k because of weather.


I questioned RMI about any options for multiple summit attempts in the event of unfavorable weather. They told me that due to their contract with the park, they are allowed only so many teams headed to the summit at any one time. Since they book solid, teams are only allowed one attempt.


Are there any other options for those like me that don't have the experience to go it alone, yet have the time to stick around and wait out a short spell of bad weather?


I'd like to come back out next year and give it another try, but not sure I am willing to spend the $$$ with RMI to only get the one shot. That's a big crap shoot with my cash.


One plus... I did get to see part of the large icefall on the Nisqually on the way up to Muir.





Edited by Joatman

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this