• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
chris54

Broken Top .... Sparks lake

This coming weekend I'm going to be in the area and was wondering if the parking lot was open across from sparks lake. I was up there a month or so ago and they still had a whole lot of snow.

Thanks Chris

Sweet thanks for the update. What about the NE ridge of broken top. Any body been to the summit lately.

Edited by chris54

Was wondering if you could comment on what elevation/aspect it was that you encountered snow on the way up BT

Everywhere. The Green Lakes were still 95% frozen over. The basin seemed like a microwave oven. Lots of sun cups in the open areas. They may be melted out by now but under the trees, there was 5-10 feet of snow.

If you're taking the NE ridge you don't need crampons and an ice axe. The ridge is clear of snow as well as the traverse underneath the summit.

My mistake I am planning a couple climbs in that area. One is the north sisters NE ridge and broken tops NW ridge. Switching them around. Oops

Thanks for all the info guys