Kid's Rock Climbing Wall

akhalteke

What angle did you guys make your kid's rock climbing wall? I just had a kid and am building a huge timber framed monstrosity of a fort and am contemplating how I will do the rock climbing section.

Already have a cargo net and fast rope for sliding down from work. This is gonna be fun!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post some pics! after tearing down the wall on my house (raccoon mama and babies living behind it + it was just an ankle busting waiting to happen) I have different ideas about the next wall i'll build. i'm thinking something that is traversing rather than going really high, and definitely 45 degrees.

I got the vert and 45* section up. I just need to get a few more sheets of ply wood and and waiting on the tee nuts I ordered and my holds which should be here tomorrow! Pics will be up as soon as I get working on it tomorrow.

Oly, I wish I could have done it wider, but space constraints were getting me.

45 degrees? your kid won't even be hanging on in the first coupla years at that angle!

give 'em something fun to play on, slabs and vert, and they'll at least be climbing and having a good time as sub-2 yr olds....

rudy's kids don't count as good examples: he's training them for the olympics, beatings and steroids and all that.

Chronic was last summer...total of 4 tries for that one...he was still 10...

what's he siked about next? are you keeping him off harder lines?

btw, is it unusual for a 6 yr old girl to be doing pullups?

I was at the park yesterday with Seija, and this little girl started doing laps on the monkey bars non-stop. i asked her if she could do pull-ups. "what's that?", she said. I showed her, and she whipped out 3, perfect form. it was sick, i say.

Dunno...unusual is a funny word...i think kids 25 years ago, would, generally, bend today's computer game junkie kids in half just because of their activity level...Sarah, at age 4, is doing complete pullups and chinups...

Regarding Drew, i kinda suggested doing that route because i thought it would be a "long term, summer project." He's at the point where if he finds a way to get his hand on a hold it will go down...

45 degree overhanging...anything else is a waste...

Ours is almost 45 and my boy climbed to the top at 3 years old.

SWEET KEVIN!!! Seeing stuff like this makes my heart big! Can't stand seeing fat inactive kids...its just wrong on so many levels...