Metolius Mastercams $29.96 ea New

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure they work, but the limited cam range, floppy stem, bullshit alumimum cams (that shear), and slippery/small trigger make them inferior to aliens and tcu's in my not so humble opinion.

Well as a former Alien and long-time (since they were first made) TCU user with a double rack of Master Cams as well as MC Offsets I'd consider your opinion humble as well.

Well as a former Alien and long-time (since they were first made) TCU user with a double rack of Master Cams as well as MC Offsets I'd consider your opinion humble as well.

Obviously OWNERSHIP of Mastercams and Aliens does not make you an authority on there use Joe. If you use both cams on a regular basis in all types of stone, you will find that Aliens do stick better in many situations. The Mastercams either because of the type of metal, or the pressure if you bend the stem, of width of the head, or whatever it is, simply don't grab as well as an Alien. This seems especially true in granite. Its not a theory, just an accepted fact in the climbing world, and proven to myself thru many years of climbing on them both. So before you get to old Joe, you might want to try climbing on granite, and instead of clipping bolts, placing gear.