Nason Creek info wanted

JonNelson

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know access is an issue, but secret crags are so stupid.

Amen. I understand the main developers have moved away or moved on - so now there are a bunch of routes that are not getting climbed. Maybe time to have a conversation with the land owners and get this thing in the open.

Nason is far from a secret crag, and who would want to keep it secret, it's an uber choss pile. Nonetheless it's fun climbing and I never see people up there anymore. I am friends with the landowners, they currently have no problems with people climbing there but have asked that directions not be posted on the internet. Best to PM someone who's responded to this thread.

I know access is an issue, but secret crags are so stupid.

Amen. I understand the main developers have moved away or moved on - so now there are a bunch of routes that are not getting climbed. Maybe time to have a conversation with the land owners and get this thing in the open.

Oh I can assure you they are getting climbed.

Nason is far from a secret crag, and who would want to keep it secret, it's an uber choss pile. Nonetheless it's fun climbing and I never see people up there anymore. I am friends with the landowners, they currently have no problems with people climbing there but have asked that directions not be posted on the internet. Best to PM someone who's responded to this thread.

:tup: What he said.

If you're going to drive to leavy, might as well boulder.
'cause thats all the good rock we got in this sheithole of a town.

but remember pick up your cigerette butts, tapewads and don't tick the rocks unless you are going to clean ugly mess off when done. thank you :brew:

• 3 weeks later...

From the rest stop on Highway 2, head west about 2.1-2.2 miles and park next to a cluster of mailboxes on the north side of the highway. The trail starts right behind the mailboxes, north of highway 2, and 3 feet east of a driveway. The trail parallels the driveway ON THE NORTH-EAST side of it.

STAY OFF THE DRIVEWAY-as that is private property.

Climb some of the best and most overhung sport routes in Washington. You won't miss the overhanging caves with a 10-20 minute approach.

Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...