Lost Bernese Mountain Dog - Mt Ellinor

kosto

Hello, my mother lost a dog on Mt Ellinor yesterday and I was told to let you guys know about it...I would sure appreciate anything you can do to help!!! Info is below...Thank you.

Bernese mountain dog was lost on Mount Ellinor Thursday, July 7th. She is black/brown and white, female, very friendly and named Sasha. She was wearing a green/blue collar without a tag. She may be hurt from a fall. Please call 360-701-6234 or 360-584-2240 if you find her. Picture is attached...

[img:right]https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=c9191308d7&view=att&th=131062cf360698ad&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=f_gpu4xh9b0&zw[/img]

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Everyone,

I just got a message from the owner of this dog. They are hoping some climbers are willing to rap off the west side of Ellinor to see if the dog is still alive. Even if you can't do this please spread the word.

I know there are a lot of dog owner on here, as one myself it really breaks my heart to hear this, so hopefully there is someone here willing to help this poor family out.

This family has finally been put in touch with Olympic Mountain Rescue. I hope OMR is able to sortie out a party.

Best wishes

And a sad shaking of the head for the employees of the USFS who told this distraught family that Mountain Rescue only participates in human rescues. Many rescue groups, including SMR, have a long record of helping all living creatures

Yes we had a very successful day, the dog was about a 100 feet plus down the west side between the snow and a vertical rock face. She was very timid and dehydrated and had a broken front leg. She handled the whole ordeal like a champ, great dog!

Yes we had a very successful day, the dog was about a 100 feet plus down the west side between the snow and a vertical rock face. She was very timid and dehydrated and had a broken front leg. She handled the whole ordeal like a champ, great dog!

:tup::tup::tup: So happy for the dog and its family. Kudos to all who made the rescue possible.

Kick ass job OMR! :brew:

Apparently the dog was allowed to 'meet some goats' when it fell. http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=726015#726015

Am I the only one who sees an issue here? Why in Pete's sake was the dog allowed to 'meet some goats'? Does anyone not remember the dog that was gored to death by a goat at Washington Pass?

Why was the dog not on a harness and leash? Pets, where they are even allowed in the backcountry, must always be leashed. I am happy the dog is ok and I hope the owner reflects on how negligent he/she was and how lucky they were. I personally would like to have seen them cited.

The owners were in the process of putting the dog on it's leash when the goat jumped out from the summit. Somtimes a dog just need to be a dog! Just like sometime we just got a climb.

The owners should have put the leash on at the trailhead. Dogs gotta be dogs, but pet owners need to be responsible and follow leash laws.

The owners were in the process of putting the dog on it's leash when the goat jumped out from the summit. Somtimes a dog just need to be a dog! Just like sometime we just got a climb.

The owners should have put the leash on at the trailhead. Dogs gotta be dogs, but pet owners need to be responsible and follow leash laws.

Not the time or the place.

P1040992-M.jpg

KSWM...I assume this is a photo of the woman reunited with her dog taken yesterday? Thanks again for doing what you do!

DPS...Why don't you go ahead and give her a call right now and let her know how you feel. I'm sure she would appreciate your opinion. What a dick.

I talked to the owner. Sasha has a broken ankle, or has completely torn up all the cartridges in her ankle. She has seen a vet, but I got confused over what the vets diagnosis was, and the initial assessment at the accident site. She probably will need an operation to fuse the area.

But it is all very much preferred to any alternatives which could have happened

What a dick.

When you have personally rescued as many climbers and DOGS in the mountains as I have then you can call me a dick on the internets. Until then come and say it to my face. I'll PM you my address. Pussy.

Edited by DPS

What a dick.

When you have personally rescued as many climbers and DOGS in the mountains as I have then you can call me a dick on the internets. Until then come and say it to my face. I'll PM you my address. Pussy.

:lmao: