Confeesion

minx

I am related to a mountie.

My very own father was a mountie. He recently gave me some things from my childhood including my first crampons...awww...how cute.

In amongst the memoriablia was the first edition of the brown Becky guide (very cool) but alas there was 2nd edition version of Freedom of the Hills.... so i called and asked...yep he was a mountie *sigh*

i can no longer scoff at large groups at the local crag. whatever will i do for fun now?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, both of my parents are mounties, and I took part in crevasse rescue classes on the Nisqually Glacier that involved loading basic students into two Greyhounds for the field trip. :lmao:

I like to tell myself I've matured from teenage years, but maybe not :o

I am proud to say I'm an Intermediate drop out. :moondance:

Edited by Feck

thanks for the support Kurt. i'm still coming to terms with this heart breaking revelation.

i think that i may have participated, unknowingly, in unofficial mountie outings. there were times I accompanied my dad and a group of friend out on various mountain adventures. :o

Minxie

Thanks for coming out of the closet with your previously hidden Mountie genes.

Now that you know you carry this taint, you can be extra double cautious in future, and if you find yourself slab bouldering while wearing gaiters, or fixing ropes on da Toof, you'll know why you are doing it and what to do about it.