Would you attempt a Baker Trip This Weekend?

Frontpointing

Been following the weather pretty closely and it looks like while Saturday is decent there is precipitation/clouds building on Sunday, which would by the summit bid on the Coleman Gl.

Have the option to wait two weeks, which I'm considering. Hearing reports of tons of snow with tons of postholing and people taking extrordinarily long amounts of time on summit day.

Thoughts?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the forecast and my personal skill set, the weather doesn't look bad enough to cancel a trip this weekend. That being said I would be ready to turn around because I hate climbing in bad weather. Post holing can be mitigated by traveling earlier when the snow is still firm or using flotation.

Cool Thanks Raised.

Yah. I've done the mountain a few other times but it's been a while and I'm also a fair weather climber that will turn back if it gets foul. Seems like the conditions are just pretty wacked this year and it's a long ways up there just to turn around Sunday morning due to poor visibility weather. heh.