hey, that's me!

forrest_m

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

me too [Wink]

if the direct link doesn't work, go to bivouac.com, log in (or register if you aren't already), then go to what's new, and look down under new photo essays. it's the one called "Climbers on Taseko Mountain"

i just thought it was kind of funny to see a picture of myself taken 3 years ago posted so recently!

One of my favorite posts of all time on rec.climbing:

To find out if ice climbing is for you,

1. Ask, read, and loose as much sleep as possible wondering what style of ice gear is right for you.

2. Bring you VISA card to your closest climbing store and spend all of next year's disposable income on equipment that somebody in rec.climbing recommended based on hearsay.

3. Hide the gear at home and try to control the fear that the thought of "your wife finding out that you just spend $3K that you didn't have" will bring to your heart.

4. Using a 10 lbs. frozen sea bass, smash the backside your fingers until you can't hold the frozen carcass any longer.

5. In front of an open refrigerator, strip to your underwear, place 10 or 12 ice cubes around your testicles, poor a gallon of cold water over your head, and repeat "Man... This is f*cking great!".

6. Tie yourself to a massive object just under the balconies of your local retirement home, display a sign that reads "Safe my future... Reduce Social Security benefits now!", and try to survive the barrage of large hurling objects coming your way.

7. Ask your neighbor to tie his Rottweiler with a shoelace at the other side of a 4 foot fence. Smack the dog a couple of times and repeat "If the string breaks, the fence will hold him back... the fence will hold... the fence will hold..."

8. Call-in thick Friday morning. Jump in the car with a couple of guy with questionable personal hygiene and drive for 13 hours strait. Get our of the car, realize that there is no ice to be climbed and return home feeling still exited about the prospects for ice climbing the next weekend.

9. Find out, from your new friends, that half of the gear that you bought in step #2 is really worthless and that "...only 'Posers' buy that stuff".

and finally,

10. Over a romantic dinner, tell your wife that she will be on-her-own for Thanksgiving, X-mas, New Year's, Martin Luther King Day, and Presidents' Day, because you will be driving "up-north" with "the guys".

If you can satisfy the requirements stated above, ice climbing may be for you. In that case see http://www.erols.com/espina/Climbing/ for some inspiration

I'm pretty sure that's a different Sally you're thinking of. Think "All in the Family," not "Smokey and the Bandit." Still, it's a good idea... HC would seem to be the perfect humanitarian aid food - packs well, lots of calories...

"Horsecock: you loved it as kid, you trust it as an adult."

[HORSECOCK]

quote:

Originally posted by Roger:

I'm pretty sure that's a different Sally you're thinking of. Think "All in the Family," not "Smokey and the Bandit." Still, it's a good idea... HC would seem to be the perfect humanitarian aid food - packs well, lots of calories...

"Horsecock: you loved it as kid, you trust it as an adult."

[HORSECOCK]

Beef HC for the Indian subcontinent and pork HC for the Muslims, right... [Roll Eyes]

How come there aint no religious groups that hold the chicken sacred?

Southerners like myself hold plenty of things sacred other than chicken........our Bourbon, (no not you Ray) our greens, our barbeque (not what you do with burgers and dogs on the grill), and southern belles. Then there are rednecks from the south who hold things sacred like the sheep and cows on daddy's farm , and their sweet sister and their hot cousins! Heehhhawww!

We southern boys and girls know what tough is. Last time I as in the PNW and the temps hit 85 everyone was walking around bitching that this was somehow incompatible with life or something.

Tonight here in piedmont NC 70 people showed up to hammer 30-40 road miles on bikes. 93 degrees, Code red ozone, mosquitos flying around full of west nile virus. And angry rednecks in pickups passing us. All we needed was a hurricane to make it a perfect late summer day in the southeast.

Summer is too short.