rainbow gathering

kevbone

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The county sheriff apologies for thinking on the same wavelength.

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_18439773

"Skamania sheriff backs off drug claim in death

The Associated Press

Posted: 07/08/2011 08:43:58 AM PDT

STEVENSON, Wash.—The Skamania County sheriff's office says 28-year-old Amber Kellar of Weed, Calif., apparently died of medical issues at the Rainbow Family gathering in Gifford Pinchot National Forest.

The Columbian reports her family informed investigators she had a heart condition.

Sheriff Dave Brown said he spoke prematurely earlier when he said the death Wednesday appeared to be from a drug overdose.

About 20,000 peace activists and spiritual seekers attended this week's annual Rainbow Family gathering in southwest Washington. "

This thread has the makings of a cc.com classic:

Started by Boner

Stupid videos of hippies acting like tone-deaf chickens on a merry-go round

Pictures of hot chicks

Kooky lurkers coming out of the woodwork to show off their lack of any sense of irony

Let's keep this shit going.

That's the hottest hippy I've ever seen.

nsfw hippiegoddess.com

Drul, I want to check this out, but can you tell me if this is one of those snuff sites like tubgirl before I go there. I can't take another image like that in my mind.

i took my wife, 4 month old daghter, 3 year old daughter and 5 year old son on a daytrip into the gathering. i did this after vetoing my wife's request to camp there a couple nights. we spent about 9 hours hiking from our car to the central meadow, then back. i'd say i got a pretty good feel for the vibe of the event.

but when i read the comments from the 10-15 of you repeatedly posting on this thread, i realize i'd much rather hang out in the woods with the kind of people that go to the gathering than rope up with any of you. i don't care if you can lead 5-12 crack, you are expressing ignorance and hippocrisy.

your average indian creek or joshua tree or camp 4 campsite has just as much hippiness, patchouli, ganga, booze, dirt, and sweat as the average rainbow gathering campsite. i was there. were you????? most of the people i met were like anyone see on a climbing trip, or while backpacking, or at a concert. OF COURSE there were FREAKS, but very few. and now that the event is over, where's all the stories about the horrible crime and environmental disaster you guys allege?

if you guys had any self-confidence or security that you really were living a worthwhile life, why do you feel the need to just rip on 10 to 20 thousand strangers?

why dont't you rip on our climbing heroes from the 70s for being stoners and thieves and welfare collectors, from california to england, - you know, doing the EXACT SAME SHIT AS HIPPIES - just so they could selfishly get high and not work at day jobs and put up the first ascents of what are now trade routes? oh, because they were CLIMBERS. now i get it.

anyway, feel free to go take a piss or a shit on me for expressing some sincerity. it is after all what you guys do best. :)

i took my wife, 4 month old daghter, 3 year old daughter and 5 year old son on a daytrip into the gathering. i did this after vetoing my wife's request to camp there a couple nights. we spent about 9 hours hiking from our car to the central meadow, then back. i'd say i got a pretty good feel for the vibe of the event.

but when i read the comments from the 10-15 of you repeatedly posting on this thread, i realize i'd much rather hang out in the woods with the kind of people that go to the gathering than rope up with any of you. i don't care if you can lead 5-12 crack, you are expressing ignorance and hippocrisy.

your average indian creek or joshua tree or camp 4 campsite has just as much hippiness, patchouli, ganga, booze, dirt, and sweat as the average rainbow gathering campsite. i was there. were you????? most of the people i met were like anyone see on a climbing trip, or while backpacking, or at a concert. OF COURSE there were FREAKS, but very few. and now that the event is over, where's all the stories about the horrible crime and environmental disaster you guys allege?

if you guys had any self-confidence or security that you really were living a worthwhile life, why do you feel the need to just rip on 10 to 20 thousand strangers?

why dont't you rip on our climbing heroes from the 70s for being stoners and thieves and welfare collectors, from california to england, - you know, doing the EXACT SAME SHIT AS HIPPIES - just so they could selfishly get high and not work at day jobs and put up the first ascents of what are now trade routes? oh, because they were CLIMBERS. now i get it.

anyway, feel free to go take a piss or a shit on me for expressing some sincerity. it is after all what you guys do best. :)

We've never met, but I'm pretty sure you have basically zero sense of humor.

As far as I know, you're the only one actually taking this so seriously.