glacier peak or liberty ridge conditions

n9643750

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Glacier Peak this time of year, with this years snowpack= the longest slog known to man. I'd imagine there is snow from well below White Pass alllll the way to the summit, best guess is around 7-9 miles of snow each way. I'd wait a month before giving it a shot (the alpine meadows are worth the wait).

From what I've heard, Liberty Ridge is in.

Just got off of the phone with a person at the Darrington Ranger station - Lots of closed roads and trails on Glacier Peak. Only access route that we worked out was from the completely closed Forest Road 49, with a 7 mile road walk in to get to the trail#649. It sounded like another 9.5 miles or so to the PCT from that point, and then over to WhiteChuck. She said that (mountaineering) folks who tried it, earlier, came back with their tail between their legs. . . The person at the Verlot Ranger station has no info, and started suggesting routes by reading Becky's book to me, starting with Milk Creek, and Darrington's person said that the bridge is completely out on Milk Creek, so doesn't suggest that one. . .